Latest Posts

Review: Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate

By 03:35 , ,

Targeted at Age-Related Dehydration, Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate is meant to make skin appear more fresh, plump and youthful. 


Age-Related Dehydration is caused by an imbalance of moisture within the skin that occurs as we age, making skin more prone to showing signs of ageing sooner. Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate "floods" the deepest surface layers of dehydrated skin to restore vital moisture. It formulated with a potent complex of 15% Plant-based glycerin - a natural "moisture magnet" and Shiso Leaf Extract, which helps to intensively hydrate skin's deepest surface layers.


Plant-based glycerin within the formula works in three ways:

  • Glycerin is a "moisture magnet" and absorbs moisture into the skin. This particular plant-based glycerin is derived from sources such as palm fruit, rapeseed and coconut.
  • Glycerin enhances the water holding capacity if the skin, helping to promote skin elasticity and facilitating healthy epidermal barrier function.
  • Glycerin helps facilitate the transportation of water and diffusion of essential hydration throughout different levels of skin's surface layers.

Shiso Leaf Extract helps protect against the degradation of Hyaluronic Acid that naturally occurs in skin and also helps "anchor" moisture deep on the skin's surface layers and is clinically demonstrated to help correct the signs of age-related dehydration.

I included the Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate into my pm routine and it's proving to work really well with my skin. It pumps out as a gel texture and smoothes out into a water-like texture. That's something different. It completely absorbs into the skin without leaving behind any greasiness or stickiness.


Within the first few days I noticed my skin felt soft. A little over a week, it's noticeable on the surface that my hydration level improved had. I kept at it for 4 weeks. Hydration has improved quite a bit,  especially with the deeper layers as I noticed my skin looking plump and fresh. My laugh lines appears a tad softer as well.


Apart from the plumping, the other thing I really like about the serum is the hydration it gives to healing acne scars. You know how it can get really dry and some times difficult to cover up. Well the serum hydrates and softens that dry patch making the concealing step a breeze. It just looks so smooth after. The only thing noticeable is the healing bump without the dry peeling patch.

If you're wondering how the Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate has affected my oiliness, well I'm not any oilier than I was before I started using it. In fact my skin feels balanced. I would definitely say this serum is suitable for oily skin. I'm currently really liking it.

Kiehl's Hydro Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate retails at RM195 (50ml) and is available at all Kiehl's outlets.

Keep updated:

*Product courtesy of Keihl's Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<