Latest Posts

Review : Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum & Soothing Treatment Lotion

By 18:20 , ,

Some time mid last year Origins and Dr. Andrew Weil developed a new formula for the Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Collection. The range is targeted at sensitive skin due to emotional stress and environmental aggressors that will eventually lead to chronic inflammation, redness, dryness and breakouts. Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Collection helps to promote skin resilience, evenness and a healthier appearance with a new cocktail of "miracle worker" ingredients Sea Buckthorn berry, mushrooms long used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and other powerful ingredients.



What's in it...

  • Sea Buckthorn Berry - Used in Traditional Chinese, Tibetan and Mongolian Mediicine for over 1,000 years this anti-irritant and anti-oxidant helps shield skin from aggressors that can lead to increased sensitivity and irritation.
  • Chaga Mushroom - Powerful anti-irritant and antioxidant originating from Germany that helps promote natural cellular integrity, a byproduct of chronic inflammation.
  • Cordyceps Mushroom - This legendary miracle mushroom from China and is known to create cellular energy called ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate), which is for the skin's protective skin barrier.
  • Rishi Mushroom - Originating form China this mushroom is known as the "mushroom of immortality" and immediately quiets and calms the skin.
  • Essential Oil Blend - Organic Orange Oil, Organic Mandarin Oil, Organic Patchouli Oil, Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Lavender Oil and Organic Olibanum Oil.


I tried out the Origins Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum and the Soothing Treatment Lotion a few months back, however I have been putting off writing this review until now thinking that I might give them a second try but that has yet to happen. So for now I'll just tell you guys how it went the first time round. The scent is something I really liked, it's all spa-like and slightly herbal, very calming. With texture, the Soothing Treatment Lotion is pretty much watery and it absorbs instantly without feeling sticky, where as the Advanced Face Serum is a super light watery serum texture which absorbs really easily but does leaves my skin feeling a tad sticky.



Everything looked good the first week, my complexion looked clearer with less pimples around. There was hardly any major breakout for the first 10 days. Until some tiny bumps starting popping up on my forehead. A bit more appeared over the next 2 days and then I found out that it was a 'purging' process. This doesn't happen to everyone though, unfortunately it did to me. I continued with the products for another week. The breakout on my forehead just got worse, oddly enough only on the forehead. It was a right mess. By then, 3 weeks since I started, I decided to stop using the products because I just couldn't go through the whole purge. I was getting very upset with the situation.

The thing with the whole 'purging' process or skin detox is, there isn't an exact time period for it to end. It could go on for days, weeks even months, it really depends on the person. I have been through it before and it's a pain.

You guys may have noticed about four to three months back that I suddenly had loads of bumps and scars on my forehead in some bare faced photos, well that was the episode. It took a good month and a half to clear up and I'm still waiting for some of the scars to completely fade. I didn't take any photos during the breakout period because it was very unsightly and not exactly something I wanted to document. I'm not sure if I going to give these two products another go, but if I do I'll write the update on this post. Don't be put off by my review though, if these products are something you would want to try then drop by the Origins counter/outlet and find out if they have samples of it. As I mentioned earlier the 'purging' process doesn't not happen to everyone.

Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum retails at RM255 (30ml) and Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion retails at RM143 (200ml) and is available at all Origins outlets.

The Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Advanced Face Serum  retails at RM225 (30ml) / RM340 (50ml) and the Soothing Treatment Lotion retails for RM300 (50ml). The Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Collection also features Eye Serum, Soothing Face Cream, Soothing Face Lotion, Face Mask and Face Cleanser which ranges from RM135 - RM350. The collection is available at all Origins store and selected department stores.


Find out more:



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi, sorry to hear about the effect on the product did to you. would like to share my view as well if that is allowed :)
    i had sample from klcc isetan few months back too, and i had the same breakout after using it for 3 days. immediately i stoped using it and just let the sample lay there till i recently throw it away. i am not sure but i believe there is some ingredient in this range that does not suits my skin tolerance level. i am sure orgins are good product but just does not suit me or you perhaps coz of their super effective ingredients. it may work wonders to some other people though.

    thanks. :)
    Raj

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<