Latest Posts

Burt's Bees Workshop - 24/4/10

By 13:51 , , , ,


What a way to start off the morning! Especially when I woke at 545am on Saturday..



I want them all!

Organised by NuYou together with Burt's Bees, we were invited to the poolside of the Royale Bintang Hotel after a warm welcome greeting from Jo of Burt's Bees. Candi Soo of Candi Soo Fitness, kicked start the workshop with a Yogataal session by the poolside. Nice place to conduct a yoga session. If only the session was a bit more less stressful. It was more fast paced than the yoga i'm used to, but it was a different and interesting experience nonetheless.

Yogataal

After the blood pumping yoga session, we were treated to light snacks and honey/lemon drinks. The workshop then continued with a short video presentation on everything Burt's Bees. They believe in "earth-friendly natural skin care, natural beauty and natural personal care products". I'm all for it! Jo also shared tips on how to eat healthier and take care of our body using all natural products.

Jo with a video presentation

I won a lip shimmer and a hand salve from the Q&A session afterwards! All I did was look for something in my bag that used all natural products.. I gave them the Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm which I bought last week. I knew that was a good move.. lol!

The DIY session was informative and exciting. Each table was given cups of honey and 2 eggs to make a mask. As I have oily skin, I had to mix together the egg whites and honey. Egg whites have an astringent like property and honey was to sooth the skin. Washed it off after a few minutes and my skin was less shiny and felt fresh! I'm definitely going to DIY this at home.




Carina, training manager for Bobbi Brown then took over to introduce the Pretty Powerful Campaign which sent out a very strong message. It's all about enhancing your natural beauty without having to hide behing thick heavy make-up. Lurving this video! A Bobbi Brown make-up artist then demonstrated on a model simple techniques on how to get a fresh natural look. I must get my hands on that cream blusher, its great for a pop of colour! Pretty! Bobbi Brown also had mini makeovers after the workshop.

Carina with Model & Cream Blusher

Pretty Powerful Campaign
*Check out Miu's Post on the Burt's Bees Workshop,
she has a link to the Pretty Powerful Campaign Video.

Before the workshop ended, there were lucky draws! 5 fitness vouchers from Candi Soo Fitness and 5 hampers from Bobbi Brown. Lucky indeed! Despite wanting to rob Adrienne and Rane who were sitting next to me as both won the Bobbi Brown hampers, I went home happy with the goodies I got.. lol..

Bobbi Brown Lucky Draw
(Should consider robbing Adrienne & Rane again.. lol!)

Adrienne, Rane & Cia Wei

Just as we thought it was over and it was time to get going, we were told that lunch was served at the Coffee House downstairs! Buffet lunch! Omg! Burt's Bees really spoilt us!





Thank you soo soo much Burt's Bees & Nu You for a rocking workshop and goodies filled goodie bag! Couldn't ask for more.. :)

Lurving Burt's Bees!

Doroshi, Jean, Adrienne, Miu, Wing

Goodies.. :)

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You and Miu look like 2 happy little Burt's Bees in the photo!

    Yes, I agree the BBees workshop was totally awesome save for the DIY mask with egg which i was not too keen on because of the eggy-smell.

    Otherwise top marks for everything!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<