Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector

By 23:36 , ,

If I were a real cat, 'panda eyes' would be none existent. If I were a cat with black patches around my eyes it would be considered insanely adorable but I'm not a cat, I'm a chick with panda eyes issues and despite being bothered by it, I think I've learnt to just live with it especially since trying to get 7 hours sleep a night is next to impossible.

That said, I do give products that targets dark circles a go though if it lands on my doorstep. Well I can hope to be rid of them one day. Clinique has a new addition to their Even Better range called Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector which is a new formula specifically designed to treat dark circles thereby lightening the eye area instantly and over time. Clinique says Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector is clinically proven to visibly reduce dark circles by 30% in 12 weeks.



The key ingredients in Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector are Vitamin C and Mulberry Root works to help minimise the appearance of darkness. Caffiene and Green Tea Extract helps soothe and calm irritation from environmental  aggressors and protect against oxidative damage.

It's also important to improve skin's structural support and barrier strength. That's where Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract comes in, to help prevent the breakdown of natural collagen so skin's structural integrity is maintained. Linoleic Acid and Cholesterol help restore skin's natural barier to maintain an optimum balance of moisturisation for smoother, softer skin. Whey Protein promotes skin's natural collagen production to strength thin, delicate skin underneath the eye area so dark circles appear less visible.

So how did this work on me? Truth be told I didn't use it for 12 weeks. I've only been using it for about 6 weeks. I mean 12 weeks is a long time to wait for results and instead of using it twice a day, I used it once a day in the morning only because I'm hooked on Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus Eye Cream that I didn't want to completely stop using it because the results from that has been amazing, which I have been using at nights. Read review here. Therefore the results of using the Dark Circle Corrector has been minimal as the formulation of the Repairwear Laser Focus Eye Cream is a much potent one.





Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector has a very light gel-like texture with a natural beige tint that blends easily. You have to squeeze out a small amount and apply it using the really intriguing cooling tip applicator in a circular motion. Love how it feels so invigorating on the skin. Makes the eyes feel a little more fresh too. This custom applicator fits like a glove on the eye contour and makes the massaging action a treat. The massaging action during application breaks up fluid congestion and improves microcirculation. Check out the video below for the correct way of application as demonstrated by  David Ooi, Clinique Malaysia Trainer.








Upon application I notice there's a slight instant brightening effect. This is due to the Translucent Optics Technology which is a blend of optics that helps capture light to immediately perfect and enhance skin's natural tone and brighten the eye area. Although I really like the texture I find that it doesn't really make for a good base for me to apply concealer over it. It doesn't seem to last as long as when I have the Repairwear Laser Focus Eye Cream on.



Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector is oil-free and is suitable for all skin types and skin tones. Use twice daily and re-apply as needed throughout the day. Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector is available at Clinique counters nationwide and retails at RM155.

*Note: Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<