Latest Posts

Review: Lancôme Gloss In Love in Glitter-mania

By 21:39 ,

Great for summer, Lancôme recently released a new range of gloss called Lancôme Gloss in Love, a new addition to the "In Love" family, meant to give you smoochable sparkling lips. It comes in 12 beautiful shades ranging from sheer to medium coverage. So there's a shade for everyone!





I'm not usually a fan of shimmer glosses because I feel it makes my lips look bruised.. well I'm just not a high shimmer fan of anything really. However Lancôme glosses with shimmer generally look fab, though I'm not too sure about this particular shade on me.

The one I have is Glitter-mania (no.144) a coral-orange shade that I thought looked rather bright. I gasped when I took it out of the package. Though quite to the contrary when I tried it on, but Glitter-mania does pack on one heck of a shimmer punch.  As you might already have noticed the micro shimmer particles are obvious even from the outside of the tube. They act as light-reflecting particles to make your lips appear more plump. The color-catching pigments also brings out the shade without making it appear too loud. When applied the texture feels a tad thick and sticky so a thin layer is best. But the stickiness goes off after a few seconds when it sets. Glitter-mania gives a sheer coverage so I had to apply two layers for the colour to show in the photo. Personally I would choose a shade with a bit more colour and a tad less shimmer.




It lasts about 3 hours on me before eating, drinking and stuff. So I had to reapply after. My lips did however feel moisturised while the gloss was on. The colour doesn't stain which is a good thing but rogue glitters do seem to linger.

Lancôme Gloss In Love comes with a bi-faced applicator which means you can use it in two ways. The lip shaper side is a perfect shape that fits on your lips which makes application a breeze even without a mirror. You can use the opposite side for a lip liner effect to define your lips.



image from Lancôme Malaysia

And here's something completely new, a click packaging! Just press that square button and the applicator slides out. Very convenient and it does save a few seconds compared to a twist close top. Awesome for those reapply moments when you suddenly spot your crush heading your way less than 10 meters away. Yes, this does happen! Lol!! Staying true to the "In Love" packaging, Gloss In Love comes in a neat cylindrical tube with a silver metal applicator handle, giving it that ultra modern feel



Lancôme Gloss In Love is already available at all Lancôme counters nationwide and retails at RM75.

*Note: Product courtesy of Lancôme Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Woah, love the cool 'click' function! :D And the glitter shades look so pretty~~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh they shimmer! blink blink blink now my eyes can only focus on your lips.... MUACKSSSS~ XD

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<