Latest Posts

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer, Full Coverage & Touch Up Brush

By 03:19 , , ,

The Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer is designed to complement the Intensive Skin Serum Foundation (review here). Inspired by Bobbi's own holistic approach to beauty both Corrector and Concealer are formulated with skin-plumping Indian Mukul Myrrh Tree Extract, skin-boosting blend of Cordyceps Mushroom and Bamboo Grass, the Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer helps visibly counteract major causes of dark circles including aging and excess pigmentation. It also re-energises tired-looking skin and supports its natural repair process, while significantly boosts skin's moisture levels for plumper, smoother more refreshed look.



I have been using Bobbi Brown's 'Secret to the Universe' for the longest time and for me the Creamy Corrector is irreplaceable. The latest Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer are very different from their creamy counterparts. The first thing you will notice is the sleek packaging which looks really fancy with the gold embossing on the top when you whip it out of the make up bag. They also come with a doe foot applicator which can be directly applied to the under eye area. Only thing is as the packaging is opaque you might not know when it's about to finish and may not be able to properly finish off the product. But again, I think they look really nice.

 
I am matched to Intensive Skin Serum Corrector in Peach and Concealer in Natural. As I had already tried the Intensive Skin Serum Foundation, I pretty much knew what to expect with these. The consistency is exactly like the foundation, very fluid, easy to blend but can only be layered to a certain extent. As much as I like weightless textures, the Corrector was able to adequately neutralise the blue tinge of my dark circles despite 2-3 thin layers. I then layer on the Concealer which went on smoothly, they both did actually, but after 2-3 layers it didn't manage to completely conceal my dark circles nor did it lighten or brighten it by very much. Due to the silky formula, blending out the layers were easy and didn't feel heavy or look cakey. The Full Coverage and Touch Up Brush played a major roll with that, which I will get to in a bit.

 
Unfortunately despite the layering, the Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer did not manage to make my under eyes appear rejuvenated, there was still a shadow hanging around. After about 2 hours into having them on, they had also settled into my fine lines. This happened whether I had on a light layer or a few layers, which I had to buff out with a brush. Something I rarely experienced with the Creamy Corrector and Concealer. I did however noticed that after wearing the Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer my under eyes felt softer.

 
In all honesty though, I generally have really bad dark circles issues due to lack of sleep, so it never really goes away or much less lightens. That's why I find the creamy formulation a lot more suitable for me as it is thicker and conceals much better.

Now if you haven't already have or tried the Bobbi Full Coverage Brush, let me just tell you that it is amazing to use. The short tightly-packed bristles blends out liquid, cream and powder foundations like a dream. I love using it with the Skin Foundation Stick. The new Full Coverage & Touch Up Brush is a dual ended brush which allows you to not only blend out foundation but also your corrector and concealer. The Touch Up Brush has a small tightly-packed slightly tapered head which is perfect for precise under eye concealer application, navigating hard-to-reach areas, and touching up on the go. The Touch Up Brush works great with the Intensive Skin Serum Corrector and Concealer, but I have been loving using it with the creamy formulations. It blends out seamlessly, making my under eyes look fresh.


The Full Coverage & Touch Up Brush is a real bargain if you don't yet have the latter. The only thing that I don't really fancy about it is storage, as I prefer storing my brushes upright. Otherwise, it has been awesome to use.

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector (available in 16 shades) and Concealer (available in 15 shades) retails for RM155 respectively while the Full Coverage & Touch Up Brush is RM155, if I recall correctly (will confirm). These are already available in stores.

*Products courtesy of Bobbi Brown Malaysia.

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<