Latest Posts

MAC Make Up Workshop

By 14:49

The MAC Magic Mirth & Mischief Make Up Workshop organised by CLEO was held at The Westin last Saturday. It was limited to 25 seats.  Breakfast was served. Nasi lemak, mini paus & pastries. 

It started at 11 am and was conducted by Yokoe Chan, MAC's Senior Artist using Ayu the Promotions Executive for CLEO as a model. The workshop made full use of MAC's latest Holiday Collection.


Yokoe demonstrating on Ayu

I've never really tried MAC products before so this was a great introduction. (I'm a Bobbi Brown fan! ;p) Lets see if this workshop managed to turn me into a MAC fan.



Made Up by MAC

1) Studio Moisture Fix - Prep for make up & to refresh skin

2) Fast Reponse Eye Cream - Reduces & minimises lines, puffiness & dark circles

3) Studio Moisture Fix SPF15 - Super hydrating

4) Lip Conditioner - Repairs lips & locks in moisture

5) Pre & Prime - Smooths & mattifies

6) Strobe Cream - Makes skin appears luminous & glowing. Apply to cheeks, neck & collar bones.

7) Select Moisture Cover - Moisturising concealer for under eye area

8) Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 - Natural matte finish & medium buildable coverage.


The illusion of flawless skin. My foundation shade : NC42.

9) Studio Finish Concealer - Provides invisible coverage for all skin blemishes

10) MSF Natural - Set & fix foundation

11) Brow Set - Brush on gel that grooms & slicks brows into shape

12) Prep & Prime Eye - Undercoat to eye make up

13) Smoke & Mirrors Eye Shadow Palette
- Use medium shade first (middle) on entire lid, then light shade (left) on inner eye & dark shade (right) on outer eye.


Hocus Focus - Smoke & Mirrors


I went for the safe colours. It was still nice.

14) Technakohl Liner - In Graph Black. Blends on application, no-smudge.

15) Pro Lash - In Coal Black. Lengthening, thickening, no smudging. It made my lashes look super thick & super curled!


Pro Lash - Technakohl Liner - Neutral Lip

16) Hocus Pocus Colorful Face Kit - Includes Pretty Baby Beauty Powder, Peachykeen Sheertone Shimmer Blush and Sunsparked Pearl Beauty Powder. Apply Peachy Keen to apples, blend lightly upwards. Then blend Pretty Baby from hairline downwards.

17) Neutral Lip Palette - Apply liner to shape cupids bow. Use darkest shade first or mix with lighter shade. Apply shimmer if required.

18) Dazzleglass - In Phiff! For longlasting glossy effect.


Dazzleglass - Cremesheen Glass

19) Studio Moisture Fix - To set make up.

This took 2 1/2 hours to do. Lol! Now let me see, I love the Studio Fix Fluid. The colour was very close to my natural skin colour. I noticed that the Prep & Prime managed to mattify my skin for a few hours. A lot longer than base or primer from other brands that I've tried. Hmm.. Perhaps I might give a few things from MAC a try after all.. ;)


Yokoe Chan


Scarlett on my left helped me out with my make up


Shahrom was just cute. Lol! He helped my out too.. ;p

Oo.. Nearly forgot about the doorgift. Each participant recieved a Tricolour Lipglass in Triple-Yum as well as a One-on-one Make Up Consultation where I get to redeem a Charge Water Skin Hydrating Mist & Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone Sample.

But the lighting in the room wasn't very good though. It was a bit difficult to really see the intensity of the colours while applying. Orange lights.. sheesh.. Otherwise, it was a good workshop. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<