Latest Posts

A Glowing & Luminous Base - Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 Review

By 02:24 , , ,

I haven't exactly had the best track record with CC Creams as I never really found any use for it. Colour correcting has never really been a concern because I'm just yellow all over, so it seems wrong to correct anything about it. But when I was told that Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 works as a base I figured I'd give it a go. The new Bobbi Brown CC Cream SPF 35 provides a colour correcting coverage with high treatment benefits that moisturises the skin while giving it that smooth, glowing and luminous finish.




Bobbi Brown CC Cream comes in 3 shades. However we will only be getting two here - Pale Nude and Warm Nude. These shades have been formulated to address varying levels of sallowness, dullness and redness for skin that looks instantly even and healthy. It provides long-term colour correcting benefits to visibly brighten the complexion.

  • Pale Nude : A lavender pink tone ideal for fair skin tones. (Bobbi Brown foundation match Alabaster to Cool Beige)
  • Warm Nude : A natural peach tone ideal for medium skin tones. (Bobbi Brown foundation match Warm Beige to Warm Honey.


Ingredients & Benefits

  • Soft Focus Powders enhances skin's natural luminosity and diffuses light to reduce the appearance of imperfections.
  • Cucumber, Apple, Scutellaria Extracts work to brighten the complexion and even skin tone as wells provide long-term skin perfecting and correcting benefits.
  • Licorice, Caffeine and Sucrose help calm and comfort the skin for an even, healthy-looking complexion.
  • Sodium Hyaluronate attracts and binds moisture to skin, instantly plumping, smoothing and refreshing it, while moisturising complex of Trehalose and Glycerin help maintain skin's moisture balance and prevent dehydration.
  • Barley and Wheat Germ Extracts help replenish essential lipids, while Cholesterol, a lipid found naturally in skin, helps to further strengthen skin's natural barrier to prevent moisture from escaping.
  • SPF 35 provides broad spectrum UVA & UVB protection and helps prevent signs of premature aging and dark spot formation.
I apply a thin layer with my fingers, a little goes a long way with this one. The slightly thick-ish gel texture blends with ease. It has a light tint that isn't really visible but it makes the complexion appear smooth. My skin feels moisturised and comfortable without any heaviness. Once I apply foundation over it, that's when I saw the difference. The foundation blended well. My skin look smooth and skin tone more even. It doesn't completely cover the dark acne scars but nothing a little concealer can't help. My complexion appeared brighter without looking discoloured, my natural skin tone is still obvious. My Bobbi Brown foundation colour match is Natural Tan and the CC Cream in Warm Nude blends in seamlessly.


I was actually very curious as to whether my complexion would look all that glowing. That usually means I might look extra oily. Pleasant surprise, the CC Cream has oil control properties that doesn't dry up the skin. My complexion did have that wonderful glow about it. Where did the oil go? It's still there, I still had to blot just not as often. Here's the clincher, eight hours later, my foundation was still around without any migration or melting. My complexion was still bright and fresh.



I think I may have just found my go to base for a luminous glowy look that doesn't accentuate any oiliness. Chucking my matte look aside for now. The new Bobbi Brown CC Cream is a definitely must-have. Yes, you guys have to try this especially for ones with combination-oily skin who want to go glowy without looking shiny. Just drop by any Bobbi Brown outlet to try it out first before committing. At RM160 for 40ml it's a splurge but that tube will last a while.



Discover more:

* Product courtesy of Bobbi Brown Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<