Latest Posts

Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact Review

By 16:40 , , ,

It's the time of the cushion compact thanks to the Korean beauty scene. Although intrigued, I have always been skeptical. Lancome released the Blanc Expert Cushion Compact some time earlier this year in Malaysia and it completely sold out. They recently brought in the second batch and I get to check out what all they hype is about.



Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact is created to make women's life easier and the perfect complexion easily achievable. It is a long wear foundation meant to give that Dewy Rosy finish; a fresh illuminating glow; lasting hydration with the combination of an emollient agent, an ester oil and glycerin; visibly smoother skin with polymers giving that blurring effect; visibly younger skin with anti-wrinkle properties and weightless coverage. It also has SPF 23/PA++ to protect the complexion.




The unique sponge cushion applicator is oxygenated by thousands of little air holes which optimises the formula's absorption into the sponge. It’s fairly large chambers are designed to contain a significant amount of fluid, releasing just the right dose for each application. The cushion air content means that the formula always comes out even, liquid and ultra light, every time the applicator presses the cushion. The velvety soft applicator is designed for smooth and even application.



I was matched to the newly released darkest shades Beige Peach. Despite it being beige, it still has pink colour pigments in it which leaves my complexion with a beige-pink mask effect darker than my natural skin tone. You can see the face-neck and before-after difference in the photos. After it oxidises, my complexion appears dark, dull and slightly grey.



It has a light creamy texture with a light to slightly buildable coverage. I would't say it goes up to a medium coverage. So if you are trying to cover up any major imperfections, post acne scars or hyper pigmentation, you would need a concealer. Same goes for dark circles. 

To make the foundation last longer it's recommended that you use the Lancome Shaka Shaka base but since I don't have it, I opted for my usual mousse base which controls oil and leave the skin looking a tad on the matte side which really contradicts the whole concept of the dewy look. But I did try it without a base and it delivered the dewy look as promised, but it felt shiny for me though. It lasted all a little over an hour before everything slid off my face. Oily skin issues just took over. It does however make my complexion appear a smoother. With a mousse base it lasted for about 3 hours before it started getting blotchy. It still looked slightly dewy though. But the idea of touching up with a liquid foundation isn't exactly very appealing. Unfortunately this just does not work for me at all. It's also quite heavily scented which I don't fancy.



If you have oily skin or combination leaning towards oily this is something you might want to skip completely. It would however work if you are going for that dewy look and it's best suited for dry to normal skin types with minimal imperfections or flawless skin, as coverage is not a prominent feature of this product.

Lancome Blanc Expert Cushion Compact is available in 8 shades. It retails at RM143.10 and Compact Case with limited edition stickers (while stocks lasts) is at RM37.10.



Keep updated:

*Product courtesy of Lancome Malaysia.



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I am using IOPE one, will be slightly shinny after some time too. I think they purposely make it that way, koreans somehow love bright dewy (for me is shinny) skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're crazy about the dewy look, suppose to reflect youth. Means shiny for me too. Shiny plus oily, not a good look!

      Delete

Appreciate your comments >_<