Latest Posts

Kiehl's Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque and Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque

By 00:35 , ,

The Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque and Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque are the latest additions to the Kiehl's mask range, albeit not really new. Ok so I'm a tad late with this one.


The Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque was the one that I was excited to try out and is the one that I have been regularly using. It may seem that Tumeric sounds really odd to be included in a mask but I didn't think so because I have actually tried a traditional remedy for acne which uses turmeric, this was way back when though. If you guys have not tried this mask yet and in case you are curious, it doesn't stain your face. Although you could play minion for about 10 minutes or so.

The Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque works as an "instant facial" by brightening and energising dull, fatigued skin to restore a healthy, rosy appearance. It is formulated with Cranberry and Tumeric. Tumeric extract has traditionally been used as a botanical supplement in Ayurvedic, Chinese and Egyptian traditional medicines.  Applied in different forms it has been used for centuries as a natural cleanser to detox skin from impurities and is known to have a strong antioxidant, anti-septic and sebum balancing properties. It has also been used to treat skin imperfections and improve radiance. Cranberry is a very rich source of antioxidant, and the crushed seeds within the formula help to gently exfoliate, leaving skin feeling renewed and looking energised and radiant.


It's a thick clay mask with a subtle clay scent, nothing intrusive. I leave it on for about 10 minutes, then add some water to gently scrub, the bits of Cranberry Seed does the gentle exfoliation and wash it off. I can see a difference right after, my complexion looks brighter, my skin feels fresh and soft. Skincare sinks it better and the next day make up goes on smoother. I use this once to twice a week depending on how my skin is feeling. This is a really good radiance mask to have around.


The Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque defends and replenishes skin to reduce the visible effect of pollution while helping  to prevent impurities from adhering to skin. Formulated with Orange Extract  which is known for its ability to protect the skin from UV damage and stimulate the production of essential skin barrier proteins. Vitamin E and Cilantro Seed Oil nourishes and strengthens skin barrier.


The Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque for me needed some getting used to and I'm still not sure if I really like it very much. I have a bit of a problem getting on with the scent. I mean I like cilantro in food but this one is on the strong side, or maybe it's just me. The texture is a thick sticky cream that I find doesn't seem to fully absorb despite using a minimal amount. It tends to leave a slight tacky feel to the skin. This is a leave on mask and yes the scent lingers. It is meant to be used three times a week, I managed twice a week for two weeks because of the scent. I can't say that I saw much of a difference, perhaps it's one of those long term use type of skincare but my skin did look a bit refreshed. I can't get over the scent though.


Kiehl's Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque and Cilantro & Orange Extract Pollutant Defending Masque retails at RM138 (75ml) each. Pop by the stores to try it out or see if they have samples.

*Products courtesy of Kiehl's Malaysia.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<