Latest Posts

Kèrastase Elixir Ultime (LE) - Versatile Beautifying Oil Review

By 20:05

The Kerastase Elixir Ultime Versatile Beautifying Oil (Limited Edition) couldn't have come at a better time since my hair serum just isn't doing the trick anymore. My hairstylist has been complaining that the ends of my hair is looking crazy dry and I don't moisturise my hair enough. The blame is entirely on the styling tools.

This limited edition Kerastase Elixir Ultime is Kerastase's first versatile beautifying treatment enriched width a complex of four precious oils - Maize, Argan, Camellia and Pracaxi oils. It  delivers a powerful cocktail of emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine and suppleness while promoting cellular renewal. The elixir brings shine, nourishment and deep conditioning to te ahir while smoothing the hair fiber, resulting in incredible shine. It also helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors.


 

 
Maize Oil, a Kerastase heritage oil used in their first ever masque, delivers emollient and anti-oxidant active ingredients for ultimate shine. Pracaxi Oil brings nourishment and deep conditioning to the hair. Camellia Oil helps smooth the hair fiber resulting in incredible shine. Argan Oil helps restore strength to the hair and protects it from external aggressors. This versatile hair oil is also silicone free.



 
I was expecting the Elixir Ultime to come in a luxurious glass bottle like in the promo photos but instead it comes in a practical gold plastic bottle with a pump dispenser which I didn't mind. The thing that stood out most with this elixir is the scent. The words that comes to mind is opulence, classy and the French Riviera. There's something so calming and rich about it. Lurv it!

There are a few different ways you can use this versatile oil. It can be used before cleansing to remove impurities and deeply nourish. I haven't tried using it before a wash as I don't really fancy the thought of it. I have this pre conceived notion that it could make my hair too hair and difficult to wash out.

I prefer using it on damp hair after a wash for intense conditioning. I can really feel my hair  more moisturised upon application and it also looked less dry. I noticed my hair dries much quicker as well with this oil. Before I reach for any of my styling tools I'll apply another round for additional protection and shine. To smoothen out my annoying frizzies I'll apply a tiny bit more after the styling tools. You'd think by now my hair would feel heavy but let me tell you my hair has never felt softer and light! The oil feels weightless on my hair, used sparingly of course. I also apply the elixir in between washes to moisturise the dry ends and for the ultimate shine. My locks looks glossy!

After 2 weeks of use


Kerastase Elixir Ultime (Limited Edition) is a bit on the pricey side and I consider it an indulgence but is definitely worth the splurge. It retails at RM138 for 125ml. It is available at Salons carrying the Kerastase brand nationwide. Call 03-77271231 for a salon nearest to you.

*Note: Product provided by L'Oreal Malaysia for review.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<