Latest Posts

Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Review

By 21:38 ,

It would be completely bonkers to not have some sort of sunblock on when you are going out in the day especially with the sun rays so harsh it will just mess up your skin. I'm sure all of you know the effects UVA and UVB rays are to your skin.  The mere mention of appearance of dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, skin darkening and premature aging can give some of you guys out there panic attacks. If you haven't already figured it out or are just refusing to do good by your skin, the solution is simple, just slap on some sunblock on the exposed parts of your body and most importantly your face!

I'm one of those that actually put on sunblock everyday before applying makeup to make sure I don't look 10 years older than I actually am and I have kept to it since college which is about.. say ages ago. Recently I was asked to try out Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50 PA+++ UVA and with no hesitation said yes. It's not exactly a new product, it's just that I have never tried it before. You may already have read some reviews since its launch but here's my two cents worth on how it fairs on my oily skin.


It is part of their Dermatologist Solution. It contains photostable sun filters Mexoryl SX and Mexoryl XL to provide skin with effective UVA and UVB broad-spectrum, sunscreen protection. Which means it gives you powerful and long-lasting protection. Due to it's dual-protection feature it helps to protect against the appearance of dark spots, freckles, wrinkles, skin darkening and protects against premature skin aging. It is formulated with antioxidant Vitamin E and nourishing Glycerin to intensely moisturise the skin. It gives an SPF 50 and PA+++ protection against UVA rays and is oil-free.


What I like about it is the texture. It is amazingly super light for an SPF 50. It applies with ease and absorbs really fast with no hint of stickiness, but this would depend on the amount you use. After applying it I had no problems applying on my foundation. It went on as it normally would. I also tried this as a makeup base as I was informed that it can also work as such. I decided to give it a go with much scepticism but was surprised with the outcome. My makeup lasted about 3 hours before it started to show signs of melting. I know that doesn't sound all that good but hey I have oily skin so that was a pleasant surprise. However my makeup lasted the normal period of time it would when I applied a makeup base over this sunblock with no hint of extra oiliness.


However I did have a panic moment just upon application of my makeup. I noticed a white cast which I told myself it must be the effect of an SPF 50. I resisted the urge to wipe everything off and luckily the white cast went away after about 30 mins when my makeup started to oxidise. *phewh* Yes my skin is that oily. Plus it doens't clog pores. Yayy!

Right after applying the Ultra Light UV Defense and makeup

I have been using it for a month now and I have to say I'm impressed. The only down side to it is the price tag of RM140 for a 30ml tube. But then again think about it, by investing on a good sunblock (I've been told I use the term 'investing' too loosely. lol), it beats paying loads more on anti-aging, corrective products or makeup that will hide the damage. So I suggest you give Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense a try if you want to continue looking youthful for years to come.

If you are not sure how this product will work on your skin, Kiehl's believes in offering you the chance to try out the product first before purchasing. So drop by a Kiehl's outlet and ask for a sample sachet which they will gladly give provided they have it in stock.

Now here's the exciting bit, I will be GIVING AWAY THREE (3) Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense courtesy of Kiehl's Malaysia!! It starts on Thursday so be sure to check back to find out how you can win one! :)

*Note: Product provided by Kiehl's Malaysia for this review. However it does not affect my opinion in any way.

Countdown to Giveaway: The post right after this one! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<