Latest Posts

Shu Uemura Blanc:Chroma Cleansing Oil & Essence Review

By 10:01 , , ,

Shu Uemura Blanc:Chroma is formulated to give you 4D brightening which is achieved by eliminating all chroma imperfections on top of dark spots. I think I wondered whether there was such a thing as 4D brightening first and then chroma what? Basically it refers to the 4 chroma imperfections - yellow dullness, brown spots, pale skin tone and uneven redness. To correct this, Shu Uemura has introduced the concept of 4D brighetning which is a new stage of whitening beyond dark spots, targeting the 4 chroma imperfections by using Shu Uemura's unique approach with cleansing oil and essence.



The Shu Uemura Blanc:Chroma Brightening  Polishing Gentle Cleansing  Oil is the first volcanic cleaning oil to gently exfoliate and brighten your skin which targets melano-stains on skin surface that cause skin tone darkness and harm healthy complexion. It contains Clay Extract which is extracted, filtered and purified from mineral rich natural lava clay known to trap impurities and lighten complexion, while Lipo HA gently exfoliates dead skin cells containing melanin.


The Blanc:Chroma cleansing oil has a heavy texture. Given that it is an oil cleanser, compared to the Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil, this one is heavy and takes a bit more effort to work into the skin unlike the Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil which is really light. Despite boasting a new  Ultimate Removal System which improved removability on waterproof mascara, I found it didn't remove waterproof mascara effectively. Despite spending extra time on the lashes, it failed to thoroughly remove it upon dissolving it with water. I had to use a separate eye make-up remover after and found mascara residue on the cotton pad. The Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil however removed waterproof mascara and the rest of my makeup with ease. My skin felt somewhat confortable after cleansing. Read Porefinist Anti-shine Fresh Cleansing Oil review here. However after cleansing I did notice my complexion looking bright and clear, which continued with a little over 2 weeks use.

The Blanc:Chroma Essence comes in a twist cap dispenser which I find convenient. It has a thick silicone texture with a dark pink tint. Easy to distribute over the skin and usually a little less than one pump is enough for the entire face and neck. The results with brightness was quite fast. I saw a difference within 2 weeks with night only use. The Blanc:Chroma Essence is packed with powerful brightening active 4D Complex that targets the 4 chroma imperfections. Melano SW is a proprietary whitening active ingredient that helps to fight pigmentation and protects skin from turning darker when exposed to UV. Olive Leaf extract contains anti-oxidant benefits and decrease the oxidative degradation of lipids in cell membranes, thereby maintaining healthy, bright skin. Boldo Leaf extract has skin conditioning properties to help reduce redness in skin. Finally Red Seaweed extract is a skin conditioning agent that helps maintain a healthy look. Please take note that the Blanc:Chroma Essence has a high amount of silicones which is meant to give that smoothening effect. I experienced some clogging issues with this.


After the first week of use, my complexion appeared brighter and clearer which I was happy about. After 2 weeks of use I notice that hyper-pigmentation caused by post acne scarring started to fade, this usually takes ages to fade. On top of that the yellowness in my skin tone started to tone down and  my complexion was slowly looking grey. This is actually in line with the 4D  brightening which "corrects" any yellow dullness in the skin to achieve 'beautiful rosy skin'. I was also noticing that the two products were a tad drying on my skin as I experienced some peeling. After the third week of use, I have to admit that my complexion looked a lot clearer and the combination of both the cleansing oil and essence helped with the hyper-pigmentation. However I found the overall results just not to my liking. By a little over 2 weeks, my complexion looked completely grey, dull and devoid of that healthy glow I usually have. My foundation was no longer a match to my skin tone. So I basically have this "rosy" complexion as my yellowness had been "corrected" with the rest of my body still yellow. If you guys don't already know, I have very strong yellow undertones not only on my face but also the rest of my body and it is something I don't have a problem with. Although I liked that it helped with the hyper-pigmentation, I didn't fancy the "beautiful rosy" complexion at all.

The scent of Blanc:Chroma is noticeable on both the Cleansing Oil as well as the Essence. Described as a fresh soft white floral with precious and sophisticated natural origin composition which combines florals, citrus and woody scents. Although the scent is not intensely overpowering, I'm not too crazy about it. It's just too floral heavy for my liking.

If you are keen on the 4D brightening concept and having a bright rosy complexion, and yellowness, dullness and redness is something you have an issue with, then the Shu Uemura Blanc:Chroma Cleansing Oil and Essence is something that you would want to try out.

The Shu Uemura Blanc:Chroma Cleansing Oil retails at RM127.20 (150ml) while the Blanc:Chroma Essence retails at RM275.60 (30ml) and is available at all Shu Uemura stores.

Keep Updated:


*Product courtesy of Shu Uemura Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<