Latest Posts

Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush Review & Swatches

By 10:10 , , ,

Urban Decay does single blush shades for Summer 2015 and they have some pretty ones. The idea behind the Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Blush is to give that sexy lit-from-within glow that makes people wonder if you spent the whole weekend in a secret love den. It's meant to go sheer, yet buildable and give you that 8-hour long wear. It comes in 9 shades here ranging from mattes to shimmers, pink to mauve to red-range. It is however missing Quiver a bright red, which is a shame really because it shows such promise from swatches online.


My picks are Bang a bright red-orange and Fetish pink-nude, it just so happens both are matte. Bang is very pigmented but applied with a light hand it looks a healthy orange on me, Fetish surprised me, I didn't think it come out on me but it turns out neutral pink on me. I also tried the much anticipated Bittersweet, a unique bright purple shade. Unfortunately even with much bending, this shade didn't work on me, although I heard from the makeup artist that tried it on for me that it really depends on each person's skin tone. Now, the one I have is Rapture a deep mauve with a hint of shimmer. The shimmer is fine and hardly shows on the cheeks. The shade however is more suitable for a deeper skin tone, on me it just lacks excitement.


The texture is smooth, blends easily and buildable. It wear wears quite well and lasts for about four hours with some fading. On my oily cheeks that's not bad. The packaging is awesome. The blush comes in custom gun metal compact with a fishnet "UD" cutout on the lid. The shade showing through the cut out just adds to the cool factor.


Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush retails at RM98 and is available at all Sephora stores.


*Product courtesy of Urban Decay Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<