Latest Posts

Review: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme

By 22:36 , ,

I expected Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme to be similar to the original one, an intense heady scent even without 'intense' to its name. Something spicy, musky perhaps even wild but the 'fine-tuned' Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme is nothing like that.


Although the new Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme is described as "passionate, sensual and maternal" I think it's appeals more to a younger audience. It is a warm fragrance that opens with sweet notes of neroli, raspberry and tangerine with jasmine and orange blossom at the heart lending it a hint of summery floral notes. At the base is marshmallow, vanilla, sandalwood and heliotrope giving it that smooth familiar drydown.



Actually this reminds me of another perfume that I love. It has a strong vanilla base which I thought was rather delicious. Though I was told it made me smell of freshly baked vanilla sponge. Which I didn't at all mind. But this one is more sugary sweet in a good way if you fancy a sweet scent and reminds you of all things pretty. I'm not sure whether it's the sweetness of the scent that makes it lasts really long because this tenacious scent lasted a good 6 hours on me.

The packaging though I really like. It comes in a box covered with luxurious crimson velvet giving it an elegant and feminine feel to it. The bottle is kept simple to showcase the light pink liquid it holds inside. At the neck a gold atomizer covered by a crimson coloured cap.



The sample I was sent also came with a hardcover crimson book that tells the story of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme. It would be more exciting if the cover was velvet as well. The book gives this fragrance personality which makes it very intriguing. Loving the little red crimson book!






Here are a few more promo shots that were forwarded to me. Noah Mills is so hott!!




this image i found online

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme fragrances is available in major department stores and perfumeries.


The line
Pour Femme EDP 25ml RM216
Pour Femme EDP 50ml RM305
Pour Femme EDP 100 ml RM383
Body lotion 200ml tube RM143
Shower gel 200ml tube RM135

*Note: Product and promotional shots provided by PR Company for Dolce & Gabbana.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I've always loved D&G. I have a few at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't paid much attention to D&G fragrances until I tried the Light Blue, love it. I actually quite like this one too. I'm a sucker for vanilla fragrances! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, love this post. I also love the little red book, are you interested in selling?

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<