Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion

By 21:48 , ,

I was suppose to put up this review last week but I realised my after photos weren't where they were suppose to be and I had already deleted them from my camera. After much panic I found them! I accidentally saved them to the wrong folder. *phewh* It must have been the weather or quite possibly trying to decide online purchases at the same time.. or both.



But yes, it's the season for treatment lotions. If you have read my thoughts on the Estee Lauder Micro Essence some time in January, you know I wasn't too keen on it for a particular reason. You can read the review here. This latest one from Clinique was introduced last month to complete the Even Better range, the Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion. It's meant to improve overall clarity and luminosity of the skin with brightening effects. 'Brightening', now there's a word I'm never sure about. But it's from Clinique so I hope it's not going to mean what I think it means.

Clinique's New Even Better Essence Lotion is specially formulated for Asian skins. It contains a breakthrough NMF Complex that unlocks skin's moisture potential so skin is instantly hydrated with long-term improvement in moisturisation



Hydrate
  • Gives optimum hydration, leaving skin plump and supple with Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit (Apple) Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Extract and Sodium PCA - NMF Complex as well as Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract.
  • Trehalose and Hyaluronic Acid hydrate the skin leaving it plump and comfortable throughout the day.

Brighten
  • Skin's clarity and radiance is improved using a botanical blend of well-known brighteners which are rich in anti-oxidants. It also restores brightness and luminosity. Pyrus Malus (Apple) Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis (Root) Extract, and Cucumis Sativas (Cucumber) Extract, Ergothioneine and Artemia Extract. 
  • Glucosamine helps promote cell renewal to reveal an even smoother, even more luminous complexion. 

Soothe
  • Anti-irritant ingredients help calm and soothe irritation that may lead to future darkening of the skin. Sucrose and Caffeine, Cladosiphon Okamuranus Extract and Algae ExtractTamarindus Indica Seed Extract.

The good thing about the Even Better Lotion is that it's not one of those one type suits all treatment lotion. It comes in two distinct formulas with different benefits for different skin types.
  • Skin Type 1 & 2 formula has a luxuriously milky texture and includes special hydrators for drier skins including Olive, Squalene, Barley Extract and Jojoba Esters to help keep skin hydrated and supple.
  • Skin Type 3 & 4 formula has a refreshingly lightweight texture and contains Laminaria Saccharina Extract to normalise sebum production over time.

As I have oily skin concerns I have been using the Skin Type 3 & 4. I tried it out for about 3 weeks and it has been really good to my skin. Before I started with it I was having oily yet dehydrated cheeks period which was such a bother. My usual hydrating serum wasn't working and I tell you the horrible weather had something to do with it. So I decided to ditch all serums completely and use the Even Better Essence Lotion after my toner and before moisturiser. This was a personal experiment so by all means use your serum or a suitable brightening one.



The texture is really light almost watery. It absorbs with ease without leaving any sticky residue. My skin felt comfortable after using it as it gives instant hydration making the skin feel instantly  plumper. I usually avoid extra steps in the morning because I swear it makes my face feel so heavy but I actually incorporated the Even Better Essence Lotion into my morning routine. It felt fine under make up and it didn't make my skin feel or look extra oily.



In fact it has helped amazingly well with hydration. I began to see improvement with my oily yet dehydrated cheeks within a week. After three weeks they were back to their usual comfortable and plumpish selves. So did the other parts get any oilier? They didn't! Even Better Essence Lotion has managed to balance out my skin. So instead of looking oddly extra oily by lunch time, it has become a manageable less oily situation for up to eight hours. For the hydration properties alone, I love it!

Lets talk brightening. Three weeks on, my complexion appeared clearer, brighter with a more even skin tone. My latest collection of dark acne scars appeared visibly lighter. Did the Even Better Essence Lotion have any side effect towards my skin tone? Not at all! When it says brightens, it literally means brightens, without going any where near skin tone issues. I'm still my medium yellow tone self. I just look a lot more fresh and radiant with or without makeup. In case you guys are wondering, I have had some problems with 'brightening' products in the past. 

Apart from acne, my skin doesn't usually get irritated unless you consider acne an irritant. I consider it a nuisance. Regardless, throughout the three weeks I didn't experience any major breakouts. It could mean that it does help with calming the skin.

Even Better Essence Lotion comes in a bottle with a liquid friendly spout. Just tip it over and the essence lotion drips out with ease, no worries of pouring out too much. It is recommended that you use your hand with this treatment lotion. I pour out about 3 drops into my palm and pat all over my neck and face. Follow with moisturiser and Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector.



So there you go, my overall verdict.. I love it! It has ticked all requirements that I look for in a treament lotion. To top it off, it's affordable at RM125 for 150ml. It is available at all Clinique outlets and the online store www.clinique.com.my.

*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hello !!

    Could you send a picture of the ingredient list please, it would be so nice of you !!

    XXX

    Sophie
    (gusone@live.fr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Farah,

    I'm current using Clinique 3-step including moisturiser type 3. What the EBEL does for me is that it calms irritations and inflammations. Meaning that if there are pimples that are about to appear, it stops it from getting red and angry.

    If you're having bad acne problems perhaps you could try Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions range, it helps control breakouts and treats existing ones.

    You might also want to consider consulting a dermatologist especially since your big day is really soon. If you are interested in consulting a dermatologist, drop me in an email and I can suggests some names for you.

    I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The results in your photos are fabulous! I think I will give this one a try!!!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<