Latest Posts

Review: L'Oréal Professionnel INOA 2

By 13:43 , , , ,

That hair with the head attached to it managed to attract serious envy and 'itchy' glares as it strolled out of Albert Nico Boutique Salon making its way down Bukit Bintang and places nearby. *laughs* I was actually at Albert Nico Boutique Salon to try out the recently launched L'Oréal Professionnel Inoa 2 hair colour and the bouncy curls were just a bonus. I have to say though I'm loving the shade of brown.



Inoa 2 boasts an improved Oil Delivery System² (OSD²) technology to maximise colour performance using minimal concentrations of MEA (monoethanomaline) an alternative alkaline agent to ammonia ie there is abolutely no ammonia. Which means it is completely devoid of the typical strong ammonia smell you get when colouring hair. There is still however minimal odour. The best part about this new system is that it is less harmful to the scalp and hair, and gives a softer and more hydrated effect. What might give you a headache though is trying to choose your shade. There are 60 beautiful shades to choose from! It also boasts up to 100% grey hair coverage.



The new system is also designed to make the colouring process much easier and faster for the stylist. Compared to the previous one where they had to mix three products  to get the desired colour, Inoa 2 comes in a ready to use mix in a bottle. The time required to obtain the desired colour is also cut down as the colour starts to show loads faster. Less time in the chair, more time for shopping. *grins*

So how in the world did I choose my colour? Well essentially I had my mind set on a colour thats perhaps 1 or 1 1/2 shades lighter than my current one. But according to the hairstylist that was assigned to me, Rochelle, Inoa 2 can't really go that much lighter than the original hair colour. It only lightens up to 3 levels. To get a light colour, she would have to add other products that wouldn't be very good for my hair. So I settled on getting my hair colour refreshed and the roots done. Or so I thought it was the same colour.




My hair was coloured in three parts, the middle, roots and then the whole head. The colour was left in the hair for 15 mins each part. I was pleasantly surprised that they were not kidding with the description for Inoa 2. There was hardly any smell from the colour and my scalp was no where near itchy. There was no 'trying really hard not to scratch my scalp and looking silly' moments. It was the most comfortable hair colouring experience I  have ever had. Amazing!




So after my whole head of hair was drenched in this colour that wasn't yet visible to my eyes, it was then washed off with Inoacolor Care shampoo. It has this beautiful floral-fruity scent by the way. My coloured hair was then treated with Inoacolor Care masque to get it feeling smooth, soft and looking shiny. I had my hair wrapped in cling film and a tinted shower cap for best results. It was left on for about 10 minutes or so before rinsing.



The Inoacolor Care, a home care range that contains argan oil to help replenish lipids to hair and green tea extracts to protect Inoacolour treated hair. The range consists of a no sulphate shampoo, conditioner and a masque.

Styling time! I wanted to try the Steampod, the launch of which I attended about 3 weeks back (write up here), but Albert Nico told me that we should leave my natural curls as they are because it would be such a shame to flatten them. The expert had spoken, so curls it was. I was actually happy he said that, curls are just just as long as they're not frizzy. Rochelle and I agreed with big curls, yeah the usual ones. Sorry guys, looks like there won't be a Steampod review. :P



Then there it was, my new hair colour was getting more obvious as the curls formed and by the time it was done, I had this fabulous head of 'Miss World-like' hair. The colour, a rich warm brown was different from the colour I came in with and I loved it! Oddly enough it reminded me of a rich intense chocolate tart! The curls just enhanced the colour even more. Inoa 2 also gives great colour coverage however I can't say the same for those annoying strands of grey hair. Yes I do have them. Ageing.. heloo. *sigh* Although it does give a light coat of colour the coverage however is minimal. Loving the colour regardless!







I was also given the Inoacolour Care range for after care. I'll try them out and get back to you guys on these products. Thanks loads to the wonderful people at L'Oréal Professionnel Malaysia and hair maestro Albert Nico and his team for the awesome treat!




Inoa colouring treatments are priced 20% higher than conventional colouring treatments. Mine would have cost me RM240 which is a tad bit more than what I usually pay for my usual hair colour. Inoa OSD2 is now available at L'Oréal Professionel Salons.


Albert Nico Boutique Salon
Unit D1-D2, Mezzanine  Floor,
Block D, Fahrenheit 88,
Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL.
Contact: 03-2141 3807
Opening hours: Tuesday-Sunday
                          10am - 8pm

*Note: Inoacolor and treatment courtesy of L'Oréal Professionnel Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hi! Lovely colour! Do you know what the colour code is? Did it not cover your grey hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your hair's so shiny! And the hair color is really vibrant. Loreal inoa hair color is really best for hair coloring!!

    hairdyecoloruk.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend It’s very good! Thanks for sharing content and such nice information for me. I hope you will share some more information about treat your hair with luxury! Please keep sharing! And please visit Hair Colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear author, It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. if you are blogger and want promote your lifestyle, beauty and style blog Contact with us best hair salon in bachupally.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<