Latest Posts

Review & Swatches: Bobbi Brown High Shimmer Lip Colour – Raspberry, Pink Gold & Plum

By 01:33 , ,

Okay so I don’t usually go shimmer lip colour because I usually find the colour to be very muted. Which basically means I end up with sparkly lips which I don’t really fancy. Hence the inclination towards something sheer or creamy.


The New Bobbi Brown Lip Colour in High Shimmer gives a different meaning to shimmer. It combines high-shine emoillients and light-reflective pearls which gives a sheer and multi-dimensional effect. It contains Shea Butter and Muru Muru Butter to help seal in moisture and keep lips feeling supple and conditioned.

I love the lightweight formula. It glides on really smooth and evenly. Despite being described as sheer, I find some of the colours to be a bit more buildable, more of a semi-opaque. The colours show well on the lips despite being shimmer packed. The fine shimmer reflects light beautifully, giving that “dab of gloss in the centre” effect. The formula gives light hydration without any feeling of grittiness. It lasted about 3 ½ hours on me.



Pink Gold Shimmer – Pale peach pink. This muted my natural lip colour making it appear slightly nude but my natural lip colour still came through. I figured this would be perfect for heavier eye makeups.
Raspberry Shimmer - Bright pink berry. This one is definitely semi-opaque. This shade just instantly brightens up any look.
Plum Shimmer - Plum raspberry shade. Semi-opaque on me. This has to be my favourite out of the three. The warm plum reminds me of a glam rock chick kinda look.


The New Bobbi Brown Lip Color in High Shimmer is available in 12 shades – Raspberry Shimmer, Berry Shimmer, Plum Shimmer, Ruby Shimmer, Malt Shimmer, Twilight Shimmer, Pink Gold Shimmer, Beige Gold Shimmer, Brown Shimmer, Calypso Shimmer, Pink Apricot Shimmer & Ballerina Shimmer.


The New Bobbi Brown Lip Color in High Shimmer retails at RM88 each and is available at all Bobbi Brown counters and outlets.

*Products courtesy of Bobbi Brown Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Raspberry LIp color look good on you
    http://notamanjaku.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like raspberry shimmer ... sesuai dgn u.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<