Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Even Better Makeup - Great Skin in 3 Minutes!

By 11:15 , ,

Looks like Spring is all about effortlessly clear and fresh complexion. To get that radiant look as seen on some of Spring's 2012 runways, Clinique's New Even Better Makeup SPF 15/PA++ is a must have in your makeup bag.


If the name sounds familiar, this is the same powerful treatment technology used for the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector. Only difference it's in a makeup. Even Better Makeup SPF15/PA++ treats darks spots caused by hyperpigmentation and discolouration immediately and over time while covering up. This sounds like something that might just work for me. You know how I'm always going on and on about annoying acne scars. Now if only I could make the devil stop making my idle fingers find their way to my face.

So what exactly is in this liquid foundation that can give you great skin in 3 minutes? A highly active Vitamin C complex which helps correct uneven skin tone with continued use. Giving you a brighter, more even looking skin tone even when not wearing makeup. Combined with Vitamin E, mushroom yeast extract, natural grapefruit peel and white birch extracts, these powerful ingredients work together to help break up and get rid off the appearance of uneven skintone, while helping to prevent future discolouration.


The visible signs of sun damage, dark patches, age spots and acne scarring are significantly erased, revealing skin with noticeably improved radiance and clarity. The broad spectrum SPF 15, a blend of chemical (octinoxate) and physical sunscreens (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide) helps prevent visible effects of UV sun damage.

Which means in 4 to 6 weeks it will reduce the need for makeup. Curious yet? 

The Review

I have been using Even Better Makeup SPF 15/PA++ for about 4 weeks and I have noticed some difference to my skin tone though nothing very drastic. You might be able to see some recent acne scars (due to itchy fingers) have lightened and my complexion appears clearer. But just to let you guys know, I have been using Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Extra Radiance Renewer since last August and my skin tone has evened out a lot with past acne scars appear significantly lighter and some have even completely disappeared. Review and photos here.




*Note: Difference of colour in before and after photos are due to lighting. I didn't suddenly go super fair. lol

The shade I have is True Beige. It's not an exact match to my skin tone but it is the closest. My strong yellow undertones makes it a challenge to look for the right foundation shade. *sigh* The texture is light and slightly creamy. Applying it is a breeze as it effortlessly blends into the skin leaving no streaks. You can either use a foundation brush, sponge or your fingers, your choice. I prefer using my fingers because I feel it's much quicker and it also settles into the skin within seconds. Upon application my skin appears bright and smooth with a natural finish. It offers a medium to full coverage. I tried layering it and it does not feel heavy or like I'm wearing mask. I set it with loose powder. Really depends on your skin type. Since mine is oily I never miss this step.




*Tip from David Ooi - Clinique's Makeup Expert: To cover pores and make the complexion appear even more smooth, use a tapping or circular motion when applying.

Even Better Makeup SPF 15/PA++ makes it through 8 hours without sliding off my oily skin, with blotting in between. It does however appear less bright after 6 hours. Nothing a spritz of Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray and a bit of touch up can't help.

The packaging is a fuss free plastic and you can literally throw it into you makeup bag without worrying that it will break or leak. The nozzle dispenser makes it easier to control the amount you need to use. No wastage, which means it'll last that much longer.



Even Better Makeup SPF 15/PA++ is available in 10 different shades developed especially for Asian skins. It is suitable for dry, combination and oily skin types.

Retailing at RM115 for 30ml, it will be available at all Clinique counters starting today. So visit the nearest counter to try this out!

*Note: Product provided by Clinique Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh wow, this looks great. But I really want to try out B.B Creams first. Great review as always ^_^.

    xo,
    B.

    http://crazypoplock.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! When you've exhausted your search for the perfect BB Cream, give this a go. :)

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<