Latest Posts

Review: L’Oréal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin Treatment

By 05:25 , ,

I was invited by L'Oreal Professionnel to try out the L'Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Pro-Keratin Treament coupled with the Steampod Steam Care Service at A Cut Above Salon with Dee as as my hairstylist and Lily doing the treatment for my hair. The X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin Straightening care range is designed to specifically care for hair that's undergone chemical treatment, to protect and reconstruct hair fibre. Chemically treated hair can become sensitised over time, making it coarse, fragile, dull, lacking in density and difficult to shape.


read on to find out how i got this hair

X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin care range has a fusion of two reconstructive technologies - Pro-Keratine and Incell, that looks into the interior of hair fibres. The Pro-Keratin Extra Cuticular Reparation contains three amino acids that help strengthen hair fibres, while Incell Intra Cuticular Reinforcement contains ceramide cement that penetrates deep into the hair cuticle to fill fragile areas and promote reparation.

Keratin treatments are normally associated with straight silky shiny hair. I have naturally curly frizzy hair (from root to tip) and despite the never ending war that I have waged against it, I feel blessed for having it and I have no desire to have permanently straight hair. My search for products that can define my curls and get rid of the frizzies continues and while I'm at it why not try products and treatments that could help make my frizzy curls more bearable and manageable. 

My hair was first washed using the The X-tenso Care Nutri-Reconstructor Shampoo with anti-dryness action which gently cleans chemically treated hair. It restores hair lipid levels giving it maximum shine and deep nutrition. After rinsing, my hair was spritz with X-Tenso Ultra Protective Pre-Treatment to help reinforce hair and protect against damage. After a quick blow dry, the Steampod was used to lock in the keratin in the hair. My hair looked all shiny and smooth already.


The Steampod Steam Care Treatment
When used with X-tenso Care, hair fiber is reconstructed from the inside out, preventing it from breakage and dryness. It also gives an anti-frizz smoothing effect that can last up to 3 days, if used for normal to slightly sensitive hair. 

this is how you check for shine

Lily then applied a mixture of the hair masque and serum to the full length of my hair. The X-Tenso Nutri Reconstructor Masque serves to repair and nourish the hair, while the X-Tenso Nutri Reconstructor Serum gives long lasting glossy shine and prevents external damage. The mixture was left on for 10 minutes to allow the hair to soak in the keratin.



After which the Steampod Replenishing Smoothing Cream and Protective Smoothing Seurm was applied to my hair. Both are enriched with Pro-Keratin Technology and help prepare the hair for the Steampod service. The products are formulated for specific use with the Steampod as its properties are steam activated and therefore will not work on its own. My hair was then blow dried until partially dry and then ran through with the Steampod. The result, smooth shiny and soft hair. My hair looked amazing. Not only did it look healthier and moisturised, the treatment also restored my hair colour. I could have sworn my hair felt much lighter too. It swished around effortlessly that I couldn't stop swishing. Lol! The effect lasted for four days until I had to wash my hair. For home care maintenance, the X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin Treatment shampoo and serum are recommended.


my curls appeared more relaxed and slightly less frizzy after the treatment
on the right is after the final run through with the steampod

the hair definitely looks a lot shinier

my hair looked dull dry when i walked in
and before i left the colour looked a whole lot brighter, my hair looks healthy and moisturised

how my hair looks like 4 days later
the curls will always come back but you can notice that the hair still looks smooth and shiny with moisturised ends

The effect of this treatment lasts for about 3 weeks to a month.The Steampod Steamcare Treatment is suitable for sensitive scalp. The price of this treatment for the length of my hair which is considered long is RM290. Thanks loads L'Oreal Professionnel Malaysia for this amazing pampering session!

Read more on Steampod Launch here and Steampod with L'Oreal Professionnel Liss Unlimited Treatment here.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. i guess this is the reason to your gorgeous locks image on instagram? really love the effect of this treatment ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thick, coarse, kinky-curly red hair. I had been using chemical ethnic relaxers and it was really damaging my hair, so I tried a salon keratin treatment. Then I found the Unnique Deep Repair Treatment kit . My hair was really waxy, but it had a nice, shiny glow. I was still on the fence about how much I applied. I decided to wait two days and if I saw no change, I would reapply the rest I had in the bottle and do it over again. I washed it after two days. I felt my hair getting curly again as I washed it with the matching shampoo and conditioner, only the curls were not as tight. I decided right then to do it over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently tried the Keratin Steam Care Treatment by L’Oreal Professionnel, said to help give my hair a natural shine, prevent breakage and cocorioliss c2
    ntrol frizz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post! However, the products used in this type of Keratin Hair Treatment are made of a lot more than just keratin. Although keratin will make your hair stronger, shiny ,silky and straighten hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking for these product shampoo + masque of L'oreal x-tenso care. any one know where i can get it in USA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fake hair treatment procedure and things are not for the most part solid for the hair. In this way, people must pick diverse general things, which will benefit them. There are different hair treatment things which are available in the market. Consequently, finding the correct thing is close by incomprehensible. Some privately settled pharmaceuticals fuse using hot oil treatment, carotene hair treatment, Carotene Hair Treatment, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the most valuable information....You must have done good research for the work, I appreciate your efforts.
    Tattoo Artists in Visakhapatnam
    tattooist in visakhapatnam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using this keratin protein treatment for a few months now and I'm really happy with the results. My hair is definitely stronger and shinier.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<