Latest Posts

Review: Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara

By 00:11 , ,

OH-EM-GEE!!! The Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara is finally here in KL! It literally took forever for it to get here. Launched internationally some time last year in July, I was hopping with excitement when I spotted the live size Betty Boop cutout yesterday at some of the Lancôme counters. The campaign is fronted by the ever gorgeous Daria Werbowy and the sultry Betty Boop. *poo-poo-pee-doo* *giggles* Check out the TVC below.





Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara is meant to go give lashes ultra volume and sensuous curves resulting in Hollywood glam look! Va-va-voom baby! The packaging reflects all that glamourosity with silver glitter densely sprinkled on the bottom half of the tube.



Now lets talk brush. The brush for Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara is very different from any of Lancôme other mascara brushes. This latest innovation from Lancôme is the dual-action brush. It has two rounded sides that's meant to separate, define and lengthen. The two flat side are meant to even out the coverage of the formula on each lash, gives volume and enhance curl.



The new formula for Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara gives a "black diamond effect" which gives the lashes a glossy gel-like finish by combining soft and hard waxes. The soft waxes are for coating and adding volume while the hard waxes are to make the curl stay in place. The formula has Lancôme's  signature light rose scent which I like.

Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara has to be applied in a specific way to get the Hollywood glamour look. Apply the mascara with the flat side to coat lashes. Then run through again with the rounded brush side to separate the lashes and hold the curl in place.


I found the Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara quite easy to apply. The smaller size of the brush makes it easy to catch the shorter lashes at the corner of the eye. Since my lashes are already naturally curled when I push it up with the rounded side of the brush it gives my lashes that extra curve, opening up my eyes even more. I applied two coats and the glossy effect was really noticeable. However despite the super curled sexy lashes I don't really notice the volumising effect of the Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara. It also does a decent job at separating. Personally I feel it works best for a curled effect. No doubt it oozes glamourosity! I think I just have a soft spot for  Lancôme Hypnôse Doll Eyes. *bats lashes*




Since the formula is waterproof, it should last 24 hours or until you take it off. I had mine on for 10 hours and I didn't experience any fall outs or smudging. It didn't budge one bit. Which also means you have to use a suitable eye make up remover for it. I used Lancôme BI-FACIL - Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover which removed the waterproof formula with ease.

Lancôme Hypnôse Star Mascara retails at RM95 and is already available at all Lancôme counters. Drop by and try it out, I just know you guys will love it! Have a fabu-lash weekend! :)


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow! didn't notice the brush has two side! cool! i hope it don't smudge on my eyes too.. plus the blink blink packaging is so lovely! i like blinks~ =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the packaging too.. so glamorous! try it soon.. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<