Latest Posts

Review: Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum

By 15:57 , ,

You know how serums usually target a particular concern or a combination of a few related ones? Well I was very curious when I heard about the New Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum. It's like an all-in-one serum that is able to provide a solution for a list skin concerns. Is it possible? Well after trying out the Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum for 4 weeks, I can honestly answer yes.



With its 37 patents, Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum delivers targeted repair that visibly addresses skin damage you see and damage that you don't. This serum is perfect balance of highly active ingredients with calming ingredients delivering the most powerful, yet gentle serum Clinique has ever developed. It visibly addresses uneven skin tone, lines and wrinkles, firming or radiance. Damage skin sends out distress signals. Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum understands these signals and delivers the appropriate ingredients to start visibly correcting the damage. If ingredients are not needed for a specific concern, they remain on call. The formula is that smart. You guys will understand a lot better when you go through the ingredients and have a look at my before after photos which I'm pretty sure you're curious about.



I'm not sure if you guys are aware that inflamed skin does not have energy to repair any damage that occurs. Repair only works when the skin is calm and soothed where the skin will then has the energy to utilise the repair ingredients. Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum is formulated with soothing ingredients to calm the skin which will then be able to absorb the active ingredients enabling the serum to provide targeted repair according to your skin's needs without irritationA special super-charged potent Red Algae helps soothe and calm the skin making it more receptive to repair. Licorice Extract and Caffeine also helps optimise cellular efficiency and keep irritation at bay.

Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum targets uneven skin tone, dark spots or skin dullness. Brightening ingredients derived from Dianella Ensifolia, as well as Morus Nigra Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicelensis Root Extract and Grape Extract help reduce the appearance of existing discolouration to provide a more even complexion. Antioxidants like Vitamin C and Ergothioneine help fight excess melanin production and Salicylic Acid exfoliates skin to break up dark spots. Glucosamine and Salicylic Acid helps promote cell renewal to diminish the appearance of surface dullness.

If your concern is lines, wrinkles and firmness, Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum helps with that too.blend of collagen boosting peptides such as Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 and Palmitoyl Oligopeptide help push up wrinkles from below. Encapsulated repair enzymes such as Ultrasomes, Photosomes and Roxisomes are released to work together to help visiby correct and repair UV damage that attribute to the cause of lines and wrinkles. Sodium RNA activates the natural repair systems to help visibly repair UV damage. Collagen boosting ingredients such as Whey Protein and Siegesbeckia Orientalis Extract help rebuild skin’s support structure to revolumise the appearance of thin, sagging skin and restore elasticity.

Making this serum complete is its ability to sustain hydration and supplness. Skin’s moisture levels are maintained with Hyaluronic Acid, Barley Extract, Wheat Germ Extract and Cucumber Extract so that skin is well hydrated, supple and plump throughout the day.

I embarked on my 4 week journey with Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum pairing it with my Clinique 3-Step, morning and night without any other type of serum or booster to get the best results. I followed up with sunblock in the mornings before makeup. One pump is enough for my whole face. The texture is light and somewhat gel-like. It absorbs well although my skin does feel 'velvety' upon application.



Three days into using the Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum I noticed my skin felt soft but not much of anything else. At the one week mark my skin looked a bit smoother and look brighter. The most curious result I noticed after one week was that my skin was a little less oily and appeared less shiny. Not in a dehydrated kind of way but balanced.

Weeks 2 and 3 saw my complexion improving really well. My acne scars started to slowly fade and those usually takes ages to disappear. My skin was a lot brighter, my skin tone more even and my skin just looked fresh. The dullness I was experiencing before I started the serum was gone. My pores also looked tighter.

Week 4 was when my friends really started noticing the difference as well, it wasn't just me. My skin looked amazingly smooth, soft and bright. I wasn't looking as shiny as I usually am, my skin felt comfortable. This was when I noticed a difference with my smile lines, I have always had prominent ones and its obvious even when I'm not smiling or laughing. It looked softer and appeared less prominent when I smile. It could just be me but I also feel that my skin has that extra youthful bounce lately.



These results show really well under makeup too, I just had to add that in. Especially since I noticed that I've been using a very thin layer of foundation, than usual, and less concealer lately. Keeping my base makeup light is actually an option now.

Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum has worked amazingly well for me in just 4 short weeks. I highly recommend this serum. If you guys are currently shopping around for a new serum or are looking to try something new, try this one.

Clinique Smart Custom-Repair Serum is suitable for all skin types, ages and ethnicities. It retails at RM225 for 30ml and RM350 for 50ml. It will be available at Clinique counters nationwide and at www.clinique.com.my on 17 July 2014 (tomorrow!).

Keep up to date:

*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. your skin definitely looks better after four weeks :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mieza. I’ve seen great improvement on your skin after using Clinique serum for four weeks! :D
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Clinique Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<