Review: Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush
The 3-Step has a new best friend! Meet the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. I have to admit, I'm really into the whole cleansing device at the moment. I have actually been using one over the past few months and I was really excited to try out this latest one from Clinique. It's actually already at the counters for a little over week now but if you're not still not sure about it, maybe my thoughts on it will help.
There was a lot of 'first things I noticed' about the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush when I first saw it, but I'll get to that in a bit. The New Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is dermatologist developed, Swiss engineered that is specifically designed to work in partnership with Clinique's custom-fit 3-Step Skin Care System.
Cleansing is the most important step in your daily skincare routine. If your skin is not properly cleansed of dirt, oil and pollution, you'll definitely have some issues with your skin, enter clogged pores and breakouts. Subsequent products will also be less effectively if at all as the skin wouldn't be able to absorb them. So what the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush does is that it thoroughly yet gently cleanses the skin to prepare it for the next skincare steps.
The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush has very unique design, which follows Clinique's simple, clean design with form following function. This has resulted in five pending patents.
- The oval-shaped brush head was specifically designed to allow targeted cleansing in the hard-to-reach, contoured areas of the face including around the nose, hairline and chin.
- Two strengths of rounded bristles deliver a gentle, custom cleansing experience. The pale green, angled tip consists of firmer, shorter bristles that allow for easier and more efficient cleansing of areas prone to more oil production and clogging, like the t-zone. The angled brush tip mirrors the intuitive motion of the hand so using the brush comes naturally. The white bristles on the body of the brush are softer and less firm, designed to target the larger more delicate areas of the face like the cheeks where there are less oil glands.
- Swiss Engineered Sonic technology reflects the ultimate in engineering standards. The sonic vibrations combined with the unique brush configuration gently massages skin, loosening stubborn dirt and oil more effectively than hand washing, improving the overall health and condition of the skin.
- The ergonomic handle provides an easy, comfortable grip, while also allowing the brush to lay flay to dry.
- The compact design makes the brush portable and easy to use, while the waterproof design allows for use in the shower or at the sink.
- The self timer automatically turns the brush off after 30 seconds, the appropriate amount of usage time for most skin types to begin using the Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. When comfortable, build up to 1 minutes use, twice daily.
- A single charge has a 3-hour battery life, lasting for an extended period of time without recharging. The LED indicator on handle indicates when battery is low.
"The brush is so gentle, it does not disturb or damage even the delicate petals of a flower."
The tissue does not tear during and after the 30 second cleanse.
The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is designed to be used with Clinique's 3-Step Facial Soaps and is proven to deliver skin that is smoother and more radiant with fewer clogged pores. I used it with my Liquid Facial Soap - Type 3 for oily skin.
I have been using the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush over that past few days and I have to say, it's been worth the wait. I was intrigued with the shape of the brush head and using it has been a satisfying experience. The oval shape makes it very easy to maneuver especially around my nose area, hair line and the nose bridge without having to angle my face in an awkward position. The dual bristle does a great job with following the contours of the face especially with the slightly slanted and shorter green bristles at the tip of the brush, perfect for unclogging pores. It basically mimics how your fingers tips would get into side of your nose when you're cleansing with your hands. The sonic vibration is very gentle and subtle that it doesn't tug or pull at my skin. I just glide it over my face without even applying any pressure. My skin feels like it's being softly polished.
I am also pleasantly surprised at how lightweight the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is. I don't think it weighs very much at all. I really like how the handle is flat and slim as opposed to it being round, as it makes it so much more convenient to grip and it does roll off when you lay it flat.
In case you're wondering, the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush only comes with one cleansing level. There's no 2 or 3. I feel that as it is, it does a brilliant job without needing to have other levels, it thoroughly cleanses without being abrasive. My skin feels comfortable and smoother and it looks much clearer after cleansing with the brush without any tightness or feeling stripped. I think of it as a gentle massage while unclogging my pores. Any treatment lotion, moisturiser and serum used after just sinks into the skin effortlessly.
You probably can't see a difference in the photo but I can feel the difference especially since my skin has been having quite a few episodes over the past month
In the mornings I use it for 30 seconds and in the evening when my skin feels congested I do a double cycle of 1 minute. If you're not used to a cleansing device, it's best to stick to the 30 seconds cycle in the evening only for a bit before going for a double just to get your skin accustom to the cleansing process.
Another really good thing about the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is that your only need to charge it for 24 hours before using it for the first time and it'll last for 180 minutes (3 hours). Great for travelling, unless of course you'll be gone for a while then bring along the charger.
I don't think I mentioned earlier how to use it. To begin, remove all traces of makeup. Apply Skin Type appropriate Clinique 3-Step Facial Soap to dampened brush head and press button to start. Gently massage forehead, nose and chin with soft white bristles and tilt the brush head using the green bristles in an up and down motion to clean the t-zone. There is no need to apply pressure, let the brush gently glide over the skin like gliding a computer mouse over a mouse pad. Use once daily at night and work up to twice a day.
Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush is suitable for all skin types. It retails at RM360 and replaceable brush head (recommended once every three months) at RM93 which I think is a very reasonable price, and is available at all Clinique counters and clinique.com.my. Here's something to look out for some time in the near future, Clinique will be coming out with various colours and designs for teens and mens. So you might want to look out for that as well.
*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.