Latest Posts

My Getaway at the Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort and Spa: Part 2

By 19:03 , ,

My morning started with a view of the sunrise. I was waiting for a beautiful one but it couldn't beat the sunset though. I recall napping at the balcony while waiting. It was just so peaceful. My semi-healthy breakfast was at BilaBila Restaurant by the poolside. Yes the one overlooking the sea. Nice hey? The cool morning sea breeze really gets the appetite going. It's crazy.



I also did an outfit shoot for this mint green and pink combo minus the flip flop. It's coming soon after this post. :)







Image courtesy of Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort and Spa

The plan for that morning was a Mangrove Tour. The last time I cruised the mangroves was ages ago, when I was in school. I remembered it being loads of fun and you get to learn loads about nature. This trip brought back wonderful memories and was just as educational. Greated by an adorable little monkey at the pier I couldn't help but get distracted but more on that a bit later. Mangroves first. In the sky that morning just as we started the boat ride, were a pair of eagles with wing spans so vast they really do look majestic. Talk about luck, the eagles said hi. I had a very knowledgeable tour guide who explained about the mangroves and its habitats. During the boat ride I got to see big healthy monitor lizards I think they were stuffed from breakies, mudskippers, various colourful tiny crabs and a small tribe of monkeys who were on their morning walk in search of food.





The highlight of the boat ride was getting to see Golden Palm Tree's Royal Suites which can be seen from the Malacca Straits. It was so windy! According to the tour guide the boat can actually get to the suites at high tide. Imagine if you're a vip or celeb staying at the royal suites and want privacy you can just get there by a private boat. Fancy! The highlight of the Mangrove Tour was the Lokan Hunt. Lokan is a shellfish that can be found in the muddy base of the mangroves. I told myself I would join in but after looking at how deep it got, I decided to just watch and cheer on the rest of the group. The guys, who were taller than me, were knee deep in mud. I figured if I went in I would be thigh deep in mud, see why I gave it a miss and stayed on the boat. Or that could just be an excuse not to get all dirty with mud despite being told it can make your skin feel really soft. *winks* The hunt wasn't very fruitful but they managed to find a few.










The highlight of that trip for me, or shall I say the icing on the cake, was getting back to the pier seeing Comel the monkey and the cat having a play date. I can't help it, I'm an animal person. Well it was more like Comel being happy to have people around and the cat ingnoring him and letting him do as he pleased. Maybe that's how the cat became whiskerless. Whiskerless! Comel the monkey plucked out all trace of whiskers from the cat. I'm serious, a whiskerless cat and a mischievous Comel! He also tried to run off with my bracelets and earrings. The both of them were beyond adorable. I did ask how come they kept Comel on a leash and why can't he be released into the wild. They have had him so long that if he were to be released, he might get killed by other monkeys. They are tribal lot after all. Hope the two will be alright and the cat won't be losing anymore of himself.







My trip was fast coming to an end. After a quick shower I headed for a dim sum lunch. Sorry guys, no photos for this one, was starving so food disappeared in a flash. A few more quick photos, it was time to head home. I didn't manage to try the spa as it was fully booked over the weekend. Perhaps I'll plan another trip for that. *smiles*

Although it was a short getaway, I really enjoyed myself. I tried things I've never done before, manage to catch a gorgeous sunset, got to meet some super nice people, an adorable monkey and a whiskerless cat. I love the fact that it's like a one stop vacation resort where you can do anything and have so many acitivities planned out and you are bound to have a great time with friends and family. I feel to fully experience what Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort and Spa has to offer, you have to want to try new things, go wild under the sun, not afraid to sport a healthy tan if not it will just be boring, be able to be one with nature because there are just loads of things to do there. Plus if you live in KL it only takes you about 2 hours to get your friends and family to a perfect vacation or just a short break away from the traffic jams, malls and cinemas. It's brilliant!


 
Thanks loads to the awesome team at Golden Palm Tree Resort for having me over.
I had a blast!! :)
Click here for Part 1.

To find out more about Golden Palm Tree Iconic Resort and Spa visit http://www.goldenpalmtree.com/.

Golden Palm Tree Resort & Spa Sdn Bhd | facebook
No. 67, Jalan Pantai Bagan Lalang,
Kg Bagan Lalang,
43950 Sungai Pelek,
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Telephone: +603 3182 3600
Fax: +603 3182 3700

*Note: Photographs in this write up are taken by MRZ Photography for the exclusive use of Chocolate Cats.

Now that my short trip has got you all excited to go on a break, I feel like going on another one myself, I'll fill you in what IVC and RCI are about. The Iconic Vacation Club (IVC) membership allows its members annual holidays at the Golden Palm Tree villas or you can choose a holiday through RCI, a vast network of timeshare holidays which includes more than 4,000 exotic destinations all over the world in almost 100 countries.

The membership entitles you to vacations over 20 years which can be reaped within five years. During the first two years of having enrolled as an IVC member, you can opt for the totally irresistable All Inclusive Package - For seven nights a year over two years, you can enjoy super luxury accomodations and an almost never ending host of activities tailored for you.

IVC offers interesting and flexibility in its membership packages of 20 years for Gold Membership and 25 years for Platinum Membership where you can join more than 3.8 million RCI subscribing members and their families with flexible vacation options, enabling you to enjoy and explore new places. RCI has been around since 1974 and has sought to affliate resorts that adhere to high standards of product quality and service delivery.

All membership packages are transferable and is payable via easy payment schemes. If any of you guys are interested in this kindly contact their hotline +603-3182 3636 or visit www.iconicvacationclub.com or www.facebook.com/IconicVactionClub.



You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. aww.. chained up monkey, pity..
    the pool is beautiful!!! i only wish that the sea water is cleaner. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. chocolate turtle31 May 2012 at 22:50

    Sure looks like u had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean: I know right. Hoping the monkey will be alright. Yes, the pool is really beautiful! ^^

    Chocolate Turtle: I had tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor whiskerless kitty! But they do look like the best of mates from the pics.. hehe. Gorgeous pool.. but I dare say the most tempting of all ur photos was the sunset and the breakfast location... would be perfect for honeymoons and romantic anniversary getaways methinks!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<