Latest Posts

It's Ladurée Baby!!

By 11:16 , , , , ,

I've been having this insane craving for a dreamy cup of hot chocolate lately and the one that comes to mind is the Chocolat Viennois I had at Ladurée! Since I wont be heading to the nearest one anytime soon *wish  I were*, I figured I'd do a post solely on Laduree since the short write up I did in combination with other posts didn't do much justice to it.

I had to give Ladurée a miss on my last trip to Paris as I didn't have much time. So on my recent trip back I made sure I got myself there! Thankfully Jaja from GLAM Magazine, who I was with was on the same page. *phewh* We headed there right after the final shoot.

There it was.. Ladurée!!! A fantasy-like castle right smack on the prestigious Avenue des Champs-Élysées. It is one of the oldest and finest Parisian Tea Rooms. Known as the inventor of the double-decker macaron, fifteen thousand of which are sold every day. They are still one of the best known makers of macarons in the world! Stepping in, an air of luxe granduer engulfed my very being. My palate anxious to be bathed in gorgeous desserts.




That's the line for the takeaway macarons. It continues all the way outside!



The endless choice of desserts, food and teas made figuring out what to have such a task. I was staring at the macaron list for a good few minutes before I could decide. From classic vanilla, chocolate, chestnut, pistachio to something a tad different, caramel with salt, violet, bergamot and the list goes on.

As my order finally arrived I was smiling in quiet contentment. Yummy-ness!! The macarons looked too pretty and dainty to be eaten in a single bite. Not that I would ever do that. Lol! Taking a tiny bite into one, it was light, rich and thoroughly delightful. Various fillings of buttercream, ganache and jams were rich and refreshing.

Chocolate Catsz taking on Ladureé

Mini Macaron - €7.50 for 4 minis

The Tarte Chocolate à l'Orange was every bit decadent and sinful. This dessert will satisfy any chocoholic's cravings. Coupled with my pot of tea, it was marvellous.

Tarte Chocolate à l'Orange - €6.50
Biscuit Brownie with candied orange, chocolate with ganache cream

Thé Eugénie - €6.30
A delicate blend of strawberry, cherry, raspberry and currant tea

Unfortunately or fortunately my craving came back to haunt me a few days later. By which time I was already in London. So I convinced my friend Oni, who is always up to trying desserts to go with me to the one in Harrods for breakfast!  Located at a quiet corner, it's easily missed if you weren't looking for it. Loads more cosy without forgoing the luxurious feel.

To indulge my chocolate craved palate that morning, nothing like a Chocolat Viennois with Chantilly cream (a vanilla flavoured cream). Bitter sweet, rich and heavenly DIVINE!! I stopped breathing for a bit there. Lol! My dream hot chocolate ever! *rejoice* Oni opted for the Café Viennois with Chantilly cream. The coffee made from the finest beans was strong and would leave any coffee connoisseur wanting more.

Chocolat Viennois with Chantilly cream

Chantilly Cream *sigh*

Chocolat Viennois - £4.00
Café Viennois - £3.20

Oni and I shared the Carré Chocolate which was sheer indulgence, heavy yet tantalisingly guilt filled. Needless to say I was savouring every layer. No I didn't give macarons a miss, I tried different flavours and just as the ones in Laduree, Paris, they were delicious to say the least! That made for a perfect breakfast!

Carré Chocolate - £6.00
A black chocolate macaron biscuit with thin crispy leaves of dark chocolate, smooth dark chocolate cream, smooth dark chocolate biscuits and chocolate zabaglione mousse


The mini macaron @ Ladureé Harrods didn't have the same offer as the one in Paris
Mini Macaron - £1.80 each

As for meals and other dishes, the price is fairly reasonable considering it's one of Paris' finest tea rooms.  A two course meal is £32 and a three course will only set you back £37.50.

Ladurée rocked my world.. twice. The amazing selection of macarons and desserts is but a small price to pay to indulge your palate in something so exquisite. To put it simply, it's "Fit For The Gods"!!

There are a number of Ladurée outlets around France but mainly in Paris. There are also outlets in various other countries. The ones I went to:

Ladurée Champs Elysées
75, avenue des Champs Elysées
75008 Paris
Tel : +33 1 40 75 08 75
Getting there: The nearest Metro Station is George and is also walking distance from Arc de Triomphe

Ladurée at Harrods
87/135 Brompton Road
London SW1X 7XL
Tel : (0) 203 155 0111
Getting there: Nearest Underground is Knightsbridge


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. OMG! DROOL all over my computer screen.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  2. A malaysian in UK24 August 2011 at 18:59

    Loved it! Wherever I am in London, I had not the chance to try. Now knowing there is one in Harrods I might just pop over...The nearest Lauduree from KL is Dubai Mall, in UAE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jean: lol!! i'm still drooling too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. a malaysia in UK: you have drop by, it's a sin not too! and you have to try the hot chocolate! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. chocolate turtle25 August 2011 at 11:58

    how come malaysia doesn't have anything remotely close to the level of good desserts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. chocolate turtle: it's sad isn't it.. well a lot of malaysians can't appreciate fine desserts and there is no way they're gonna pay that amount of money for it either.. plus the ingredients you get here are no way near as amazing as the ones in europe.. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. mr anderson: i know right!! *drooling again*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why did i come across this post so early in the morning.........habis my floor kena drool T^T im hungry and craving for desserts now oTL

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<