Latest Posts

Urbanbrow by Urban Decay

By 10:55 , ,

The latest from Urban Decay is a two product range called Urbanbrow. Designed for you babes who want to spend less time on your brows, it consists of Urbanbrow Precision Tip Brow Tint and Urbanbrow Styling Brush and Setting Gel.

Urbanbrow Precision Tip Brow Tint

The first thought that came to mind when I saw this product was, "How Japanese-y". Rightly so this particular one is made in Japan. Similar to a marker but instead of a felt tip this Brow Tint has an ultra-fine brush tip for precision shaping. Color flows through the pen into the fine tip brush creating light, feathery, natural-looking strokes.



I usually prefer brow powder as it gives a more softer look but I found this one very easy to use and it gave me that polished look without looking like I have drawn on brows. It fills in those sparse bits, defines the arch and colour the brows with ease. Trying it out on my hand the colour came out light which I think is a good thing when doing the brows because an intense colour at first stroke could give a harsh effect. Think Genghis Khan brows, now that's scary. The intensity is buildable. It comes in what Urban Decays describes as "two universal shades" - Blonde and Brunette. Blonde works for blondes, red heads and light brown hairs. Brunette is more suited for medium, to dark brown hair all the way to black. Despite thinking that Blonde would look strange on me, I could actually carry it off for a soft look especially since I've recently coloured my hair to a warm chestnut.




I wore the Brunette Brow Tint for about 7 hours yesterday and it didn't budge or smudge despite my oily skin. I tried rubbing it off with my finger and it still didn't budge. Impressive. But when it came to taking it off, I had to hold a waterproof eye makeup remover soaked cotton on my brows for a good few seconds before it dissolved and came off unlike removing a brow powder or pencil. This formula is also waterproof.

However what I didn't expect from this product was the clumping bit at the tip of the brush after a few uses. I'm assuming excess product. It can be easily removed. It would be better without the clumping though.

Urbanbrow Styling Brush and Setting Gel

Inspired by the "hairspray on a tootbrush trick" this comes in really handy if your brows have a mind of its own. It's a clear gel which provides a lasting natural hold without feeling sticky or stiff. Plus it doesn't leave flakey bits after it dries unlike other similar products I've tried. Really looks like the brows are suffering from a dandruff problem.


The brush looks like a mini toothbrush. Applying this needs a little getting use to, it doesn't exactly combs through the brow like a spiral brush would. I suggest using a light hand so that you don't get too much gel on you brows.


This can be used on top of the Precision Tip Brow Tint or on its own for those lucky ones with perfect natural brows. This lasted as long as I didn't remove it with a make up remover.

The Urbanbrow Precision Tip Brow Tint retails at RM69 for 0.55ml and the Urbanbrow Styling Brush and Setting Gel also retails at RM69 for 10.5ml. Available exclusively at Sephora.

Note: Product provided by Junipers Journal for review.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<