Latest Posts

Acme Bar & Coffee @ The Troika

By 21:13 , , ,

Finally a new fab dining place for me to try out without having to go all the way across town or crossover to another state. It's just 5 minutes away from my place. Woohoo!

Converting abandoned industrial warehouses into places of interest such as a museum, a fashion hub or a restaurant isn't exactly new. Which makes a restaurant designed to look as though it has been renovated to look like it was previously an industrial loft with a metroplitan twist, is such a cool idea. I simply lurv the concept! Enter Acme Bar & Coffee.


It has such a casual vibe to it which makes it cosy and welcoming. The front of the restaurant covered by high windows from floor to ceiling letting in natural light when you're dining there in the day is a refreshing change. Photos turn out wonderful as well!





Though they are currently working with a soft launch menu, which is really good, I expect they will have more exciting things planned soon. While waiting for my meal I sipped on still San Pellegrino and Iced Latte which was milky and smooth.


For starters I had the Cumin Smoked Prawn Salad with Mango, Pomelo topped off with dried shaved Bonito Flakes with Chili Dressing (RM31). Very oriental. Fresh juicy prawns and generous with it. The Chili dressing added an exciting zing to the sweet mango cubes and fresh greens. The pomelo however was somewhat missing.


Since I felt rather lamb-ish, I ordered the Grilled Marinated Lamb Shoulder with ABC Kicap Chili Marinade, Peas and hand-cut Fries (RM 37). If the salad with chili dressing didn't get your appetite going, the smell as the lamb shoulder gets to the table will. The lamb shoulder was just oozing flavour. Every bite was tender, juicy and delicious!



And for dessert, if the choice of cake was that much for a soft launch menu, I can't wait for the full menu. There were over a dozen choices and I had a tough time deciding. But I just couldn't take my eyes off the Christmas Log. It's Christmas soon, can you blame me. Plus it was a chocolate icing and not the buttercream type. Made from rich Swiss Chocolate this log is hands down the best I've had this season!! The chocolate sponge was moist and needless to say the chocolate filling was gorgeously velvety and creamy.



Don't think I stopped there, my second cake of the meal was the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cake. This was a heavy one, but still so yummy. It was rich, moist and dense with a generous portion of halves and whole macadamias. Perhaps a drizzle of raspberry sauce could have made it a tad more exciting. Just a thought.


I'm going back to try out the rest of the cakes and am looking forward to the full menu. The food is great and it's an awesome place to hang out! And it's so nearby. *smiles*


Acme Bar & Coffee | facebook
Ground Floor at The Troika,
Jalan Binjai, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
Hours  Mon - Thu: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
          Fri - Sat: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
          Sun: 11:00 am - 12:00 am
Reservations: +603 2162 2288

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. oh this one! i am gonna put this in my To-Go-List!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have to try! we can go for meet up session there too then can try more food. *hungry in the morning* ^^

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<