Latest Posts

Lancôme Holiday 2011: Kate Winslet Golden Hat Foundation

By 10:56 , , ,

A celebrity with a heart! Lancôme has teamed up with one of its brand ambassador Kate Winslet to create a limited edition make up collection this holiday. Lancôme will be donating at least €15,000 of its sales profits to the "Golden Hat Foundation", a charitable foundation for autistic children created by Kate Winslet.


This non-profit organisation aims to better the lives of autistic children by removing or limiting the barreirs they face. Its mission is to teach autistic children how to communicate more clearly, as well as offer them education, job training, recreational activities adapted to their disabilities. Today autism affects over 67 million people worldwide.

In support of this, Lancôme Golden Hat Foundation Holiday 2011 Colour Collection will feature L'Absolu Rouge in a few shades, several nail polish in all-new shades and the star of the collection the Golden Hat Illuminating powder. All these products are embossed with the foundation's logo and the actress' signature.


From this collection I will be reviewing the limited edition L'Absolu Rouge so that after reading this you guys can drop by a Lancôme counter to show your support by getting something from this range. Glam up for a good cause! I'll be making a bee line too, been waiting to try out the illuminating powder coz it looks really pretty as all Lancôme's face powder and blush do.

The L'Absolu Rouge I have is in Rose Absolu (365). It comes in Lancôme's classic gold and black packaging with a magnetic closure and what makes it super cool is the logo and Kate Winslet signature on it! The colour look a pretty intense rose red when I twisted it out. Thinking the colour would be bold but instead it turned out sheer yet pigmented when applied.




What I lurv about this lippie is that it's super moisturising and glides across the lips effortlessly. It's so smooth and light even after I applied 3 layers of it for a more intense colour but it still appeared a soft rose shade. But I noticed in photos when taken with flash it appears a rich intense shade. I lurv the effect.



For my outfit post click here.

The first time I wore this was to the Malaysia International Fashion Week 2011 MIFA Gala as I thought the colour would go with my outfit pretty well. I had it on for a good 6 hours and not once did I rummage around in my bag full of tricks for my lip balm. Then I later found out that it's suppose to moisturise lips up to 8 hours after application as it's enriched with compounds such as the Moisture Locker Complex and cerimide which helps to preserve lips natural hydration. Great job at moisturising! Though the colour does come off when I started to munch on stuff but reapplying is a breeze.


The Golden Hat Foundation Holiday 2011 Colour Collection is available now at Lancôme counters. The L'Absolu Rouge lipstick retails at RM80. However I found out that the Golden Hat Illuminator will only be available as a PWP - RM80 with RM200 purchase of Lancôme products.

To learn more visit Golden Hat Foundation or Lancome-GoldenHatFoundation.

Note: Product courtesy of Lancôme Malaysia.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. The lippie is gorgeous. Its a big trend on red lips at the moment.

    I spotted the blusher earlier when they announced this collection. It's too beautiful to use. I reckon it gives much pleasure by only staring at it.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<