Latest Posts

Review: Clinique All About Shadow Primer For Eyes

By 12:50 , ,

Due to my insanely oily lids I always wear a primer. Otherwise colours and liners will just run off my lids at break neck speed. Unless I was going for that dewy lids look then no primer is perfect. I'm very fussy with eye primers but there's something to be said about this new eye primer from Clinique. It's called Clinique All About Shadow Primer For Eyes.



It's formulated to improve colour retention, reduces creasing and extends wear for up to twelve hours when applied under All About Shadow. It is available in four shades to cater for a variety of skin tones - Very Fair, Moderately Fair, Medium and Deep.

Oddly enough the Moderately Fair shade I have can easily pass of as a medium as it looks rather dark. It does however suit my medium skin tone really well. It comes in a clear tube with a doe foot applicator. It goes one smooth and blends out easily with no mess. Just dab in on the lids with the applicator and smooth it out with finger. It feels comfortable and has somewhat silicone like finish.





I experimented with the primer using various products. It looks great worn alone with just mascara on, it gives my lids that hint of healthy colour. I tried it on with a kohl liner and it smudged about a little over three hours. It was one of those days where I was spending a lot of time outside and perhaps my lids got more oily than usual. With a liquid liner, it lasted for about 7 hours. When I wore it under Clinique All About Shadow, it lasted about 6 hours before I noticed slight creasing. I'm impressed!


on one of my lazy almost no make up days..

Despite it being a tinted primer, it didn't alter the colour of the eye shadows. In fact it made application much smoother and intensified that colour a bit more. I wore it under the latest Clinique Quad in Galaxy and it looked good. (Write up on that one coming up next.) The tinted formula could also help to hide any discolouration or noticeable veins, another plus point. Personally I love the way it looks when worn with mascara. My eyes looks fresh until removal.

Clinique All About Shadow Primer For Eyes retails at RM68 (4.7g). Check out www.clinique.com.my if you guys want to check out the rest of the shades. Clinique All About Shadow Primer for Eyes are ophthalmologist tested and safe to use on even the most sensitive skin and eyes. Available at Clinique counters nationwide.

*Product courtesy of Clinique Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<