Latest Posts

Review: L'Oréal Professionnel Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or Sparkling Shampoo & Conditioner

By 19:55 , ,

Now isn't that a longer than usual title.. but yes you read right, Sparkling! My eyes lit up when I first saw it. Gold, shimmery, luxe looking - thought to myself, I got to have those! 




Gold symbolises 'The Time Beauty Absolute'. It represents glamour and regalness. Personally I'm insanely attracted to most things gold and I'm forever obsessed with those Farah Khan sequin dresses in gold, it's effortlessly eye catching. To be dressed in one of those is to be the centre of everything. Okay so back to Souffle d'Or... you'd be lying if you said you're not bothered as to whether your hair looks shiny or otherwise. A shiny gorgeous mane makes heads turn! It's happened to me many times especially after a visit to my hairstylist. Lol.


those farah khan dresses..
*photo from Farah Khan Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week 2013 show (post here)

L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or is infused with Argan Oil and Safflower Oil. Argan Oil known as 'Liquid Gold' is a traditional kept secret of Morrocan women. It gives new life to dry and fly away hair. Safflower Oil in the other hand helps regenerates the scalp and protects the hair as it's rich in Vitamin E and Omega 6. 



It has this beautiful exotic, warm sparkling floral scent which lingers for days. I'm not a daily hair washer as curly frizzy hair should not be washed daily because that just dries it up and makes it even more frizzy. 



I really wanted to love the Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or duo to bits just because it sparkles but unfortunately I couldn't fully. I'll get to why in a bit. So the sparkles.. it's really fine gold shimmer that is noticeable through the bottle and I can't help but stare at it as I pump it out. 



Since Argan and Safflower Oils are incorporated into both shampoo and conditioner I was very careful not to use too much and used just enough to coat my hair and clean it. I found that I had to do two rounds with the shampoo from mid length onwards to get it properly clean. One wash wasn't enough to get the styling products out of my hair. My hair detangled with ease after the conditioner. The conditioner is the first ever transparent conditioner from L'Oréal Group. 




My hair felt light and airy after styling. However I noticed that my curls almost completely straightened out and didn't come back, it usually does with my usual routine. It seemed to weigh down the curls and smoothened it out too much for my liking. So what I get is only the flicks at the ends. It also lacked the volume it usually has, I like my hair a bit poofy. 



That said, my hair looked shiny and healthy. I've been using it for about 6 washes so far. I figured it would look so much nicer if not for the grow out. Really need to do something about that soon. Don't expect noticeable shimmer flecks though. I assume a combination of gold shimmer and rich oils coating the hair gives hair that radiant effect. Looks like that sparkling duo managed to do what they set out to do, made my hair look all shiny. It didn't disappoint in that department. 



Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or shampoo is silicone and paraben free and retails at RM48 (250ml). Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or conditioner is paraben free and retails at RM48 (190ml). There is also a Golden Glow Treatment available exclusively at L'Oreal Professionnel Salons using Mythic Oil treatment products. Mythic Oil Souffle d'Or shampoo and conditioner can be purchases at L'Oreal Professionnel salons. For your nearest L'Oreal Professionel salon contact the L'Oreal Professionnel Hotline 03-7727 2215 or log on to www.lorealprofessionnel.com.

*Product courtesy of L'Oreal Professionnel Malaysia.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hmmm, silicone and paraben free? Does that mean that the shampoo isn't sulphate free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately it does contain sulphate. a bit of a challenge to look for a really good natural one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review! I have a feeling I need to go out and get this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kesh King Ayurvedic Hair Oil, Shampoo & Capules is purely based on safe & harmless ayurvedic theory and Specifically used for deep nourishment of hair roots & scalp, checks loss of hair, stops premature of hair, Alopecia, Baldness, prevents from dandruff, sleeplessness & headache.try it for better result.for more information you may visit www.keshking.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quest for the ideal potion to develop lustrous locks never ends in a world where haircare is of the utmost importance. Pakistan has embraced Mythic Oils charm due to its rich cultural heritage and various beauty traditions. This article goes into the alluring realm of mythic oil in Pakistan, examining its history, advantages, and how it became a well-liked mainstay in many people beauty regimens.

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<