Latest Posts

Le Deux Garcons @ Bangsar After A shoot

By 22:17 ,

I've been wanting to go try out Le Deux Garcons at Bangsar for ages now but never found the time until today. I managed to drop by after a photoshoot in time for lunch. Yes people, dessert is a meal all its own.. for me at least. *grins*

I was expecting an array of choices but the much they had wasn't too bad. I was really just crossing my fingers that the desserts tasted good. Since I wasn't sure when I was going to be there again, I chose three different types of yummy indulgence.




Le Bel Ami - rm14
Chocolate Cassis mousse, Cassis carameux and joconde base

This was really good. The dark chococlate mousse was smooth and I lurved the bitterness. The thin layer of sweet sour blackcurrant mousse sandwiched in between the mousse and sponge cake was just nice to balance out the bitterness of the dark chocolate. I really liked this one!



Tarte au Citron - rm10
Crispy almond tart, Layered with joconde, and sour lemon curd

Another one of those I can never resist, something citrusy in a tart. Lemon curd gave a good balance of sour acidity to the sweet richness of the almond. I mean I could taste the lemon. So refreshing.



Le Favori - rm15
Pistachio Biscuits pate a choux, raspberry Brulee and pistachio mousseline

This one I could have replaced with something else. It was just too light for my liking. Nothing wrong with it, just too light. Good combination of flavours but I thought the pistachio mousse could do with a stronger taste of pistahcio-ness to give it a more rounded flavour. Looked pretty though. :P


The desserts may be a tad pricey since each is such a delicate serving but I don't mind paying for something that good. An unexpectedly wonderful dessert place!

Le Deux Garcons Patisserie
36 Jalan Telawi,
Bangsar Baru,
59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-22847833
Opening Hours: 12pm-8pm daily




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<