Latest Posts

Review: Talika Skin ReTouch - No more photoshop photos?

By 22:27 , ,

My internet connection is finally up and running. Fingers crossed it doesn't go kaput on me again. Lets get on with it then. Silicone based products or primers and I have never really seen eye to eye. So far I have tried Benefit's Dr. Feel Good, Urban Decay Complexion Primer Potion, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Boscia Skin Perfecting Primer, all of which have not been able to make me a believer of silicone primers.

The latest Talika Skin ReTouch for face, neck and hands is designed to create flawless skin instantly by concealing wrinkles, fills in fine lines, brighten up the skin tone while reducing imperfections and redness. One of the ingredients in this product is Polysilicone-11, a type of silicone. Wonder how this will work on my skin. Here goes the review.




The small pigments contained that makes up Skin ReTouch creates a soft focus effect unifying the reflection of light within lines and pores. The large pigments hides imperfections and redness on the surface of the skin. With its stretchy texture it smoothes the skin and gives a matifying effect. After 28 days with daily use this product promises brighter skin and fine lines and wrinkles will be reduced. 


It comes in a tube with a silicone spatula attached at one end. The tube clicks close in a half turn. The formula is transparent, texture is light and is easily applied. All you need to do is twist the top, squeeze the tube and apply to the face in an outward direction. The spatula is soft so it doesn't feel like it's scrapping the skin. Squeeze only a small amount at a time as smoothening out with the spatula requires a little getting used too. Otherwise there is a chance of it appearing streaky. All you need is a very thin layer. Once applied it takes a few minutes to completely dry.






So here's how my skin looked like once it dried. It looks quite good on camera, my skin appeared smooth but in real life, it wasn't all too good. I don't exactly have the best complexion around - indented acne scars, medium sized pores and slightly uneven skintone (my skintone has generally improved over the past year though). What I noticed once Skin ReTouch dried is that it enhanced all my flaws even my laugh lines. As for my complexion as a whole, it look quite dull. Not a good thing.



I was also told that no form of liquid foundation can be used on top of Skin ReTouch as it will just slide off. So I opted for MAC Studio Fix Compact Foundation. Before that I attempted to apply concealer on my dark acne scars. I found it very difficult to blend and I wasn't able to conceal the scars properly. I dusted a light layer of the compact foundation over it and I personally didn't really fancy the outcome.


As for whether it controlled my oiliness. It took about an hour after application before my nose started getting oily. It usually takes 30 minutes. Two hours later, my compact foundation started to look a tad blotchy. It felt as though the oils wanted to come out but couldn't. It looked really strange.

I only had it on for about 5 hours because I really didn't fancy how my complexion looked like and I only wore it home. The thought of going out into the world without wearing liquid foundation, concealer and having sufficient coverage is almost suicidal. Which basically means regardless of what this product promises to do in 28 days I don't see myself continuing with this product unless my complexion miraculously improves.

I personally feel that Skin ReTouch is more suitable for those with good complexion or minimal flaws and also for dry to combination skin type. Just not mine.

Talika Skin ReTouch retails at RM162 and is available at Talika outlets - Parkson Pavilion, Parkson KLCC, Parkson 1 Utama, Parkson Gurney Plaza, Isetan KLCC, Isetan 1Utama and Metrojaya Mid Valley.

*Note: Product courtesy of Talika Malaysia.

Next: A few public service announcements before starting next week with a bang. ;)


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. ah.. all that I notice is your long and curl lashes! jealous max!!!!!!
    I also love the effect more when it's on my hand, when apply on face, it's a bit difficult to smooth it out. but this product is good for hand, so we shall still use it on hand, maybe I can get smoother & wrinkle-less hands after 28 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will tell my lashes that. *laughs*
    you know what, thats a good idea. didn't really think of continued use on hands and neck. i might just try it. imagining about less lines on my neck now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for your review, it was very useful for me when considering online purchase!

    ReplyDelete

Appreciate your comments >_<