Latest Posts

KL Bird Park with Samsung Galaxy Camera

By 16:57 ,

I got a bit bored of taking city photos with the Samsung Galaxy Camera, everything just looks dull and grey. So I reckoned what better place to inject bucket loads of colours in my photos and see what the Samsung Galaxy Camera can really do by making a trip to the KL Bird Park - World's Largest Free-flight Walk-in Aviary.

taken with iphone4

I realised that the auto mode for the Samsung Galaxy Camera doesn't take nice photos. Everything just comes out dark and by using flash colours look too bright. So on this trip I experimented with the various functions and modes. If I didn't want the photos with any effects, I had to use manual. Only then did the photos turn out alright but I noticed it has colour issues as some colours didn't come out like in real life. Overall though, the result was amazing. But I also came to the conclusion that it takes 'non-me' photos loads better! *laughs*

Most of the photos are taken with manual setting unless stated. Photos have not been edited in anyway only resized.

Photo Of The Day!
I love this shot! I used the Action Freeze mode for this one and stalked the ducks. Lucky for me the ducks were feeling playful that afternoon.




Slow Motion

Action Freeze

Slow Motion








Slow Motion


Waterfall





21x zoom

Rich Tone

Rich Tone

Rich Tone

Rich Tone

HD Movie

Rich Tone

Action Freeze

Action Freeze


Rich Tone

Rich Tone

My favourite part of the Bird Park. It's where the ducks are and I love them to bits. They're a playful lot!


Oh look, made some new friends!


Last shot of the day before the battery died on me!

It took me about 3 and a half hours to finish going around the Bird Park and after that last shot with the peacock, the battery ko-ed! I made sure the camera was fully charged that morning and I was rather disappointed it only lasted that long. I guess that's the results of having a large screen. Perhaps this is something that could be worked on? Because imagine you're on holiday in some gorgeous place and three hours later, you can't take anymore photos. Anti-climatic much.

And this is something I have to make clear.. I feel very strongly about caging birds or animals for that matter. It's cruel!! After what I witnessed yesterday at the KL Bird Park, I can only emphasise how cruel it is! How can you cage an eagle? A hornbill? Fish weren't even defrosted before feeding the birds. The small ones literally had to fight for their meal as only the big ones gets to push their way to the defrosted fish with ease. Even then one piece of fish per bird. That's no where near enough! But I couldn't think of any other place to get some nice photos in KL. So for the sake of colours I took some photos of the birds that were roaming freely in the compound. I really didn't have the heart to take photos of the ones in the tiny cages.


I liked how the photos turned out despite the heartbreaking sight... *sigh*



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Appreciate your comments >_<